Ability: Brace for Impact
Overview[edit | edit source]
Brace for Impact is space ability unlocked with character progression, available to all career paths. It provides a buff to Kinetic Damage Resistance and Hit Points for 15 seconds.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Brace for Impact provides a massive kinetic and torpedo damage resistance boost for a short time. Effective if used when you are too close to another ship when its warp core breaches, or just before a heavy torpedo is about to impact you.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Lt. Commander
- Target: Self
- System: None
- Ability Type: Buff, Kinetic Resistance, Torpedo Resistance
- Activation: 1 second
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Modified by:
- Starship Hull Restoration (Improves Hull Healing)
- Duty Officer
- Starship trait
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lt. Commander||60s||
|Rank II: Commander||60s||
|Rank III: Captain||60s||
- Value for character with 0 points in Starship Hull Restoration.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to removal of crew mechanics from the game, this ability offered Resistance to Crew Death and Disable, instead of Hit Points buff.
- With the addition of torpedoes that deal energy damage, this ability was improved to also give Damage Resistance Rating to all Torpedo hits regardless of damage type, though not for other types of projectile such as Mines.