Ability: Beams: Overload
(Redirected from Ability: Beam Overload)
- Beams: Overload
- Attack Upgrade - Damage
- Beam Overload improves your next beam array attack.
- Profession: Tactical
- Region: Space
- Game Description: Overload massively increases the damage caused by your Beam Weapons for a short duration, at the cost of slower shots for the duration. When activated, this ability can be used to quickly lower a shield facing, or to inflict significant burst damage to an exposed hull.
- The ability's damage is a set multiple of the underlying weapon damage, with higher ranks providing a larger damage multiplier. Increasing your training in weapons skills will improve the underlying weapon damage, resulting in an increase in the damage of Beam Overload. With higher ranks of this ability, the proper tactical consoles, and significant weapons training, it is possible to inflict devastating amounts of damage to an exposed hull on a critical hit.
- Beam Overload also has an unlisted modifier that increase Weapon Power cost by an additional 50%.
- Having one Beam Overload buff active will prevent you from activating any other copies of Beam Overload. Consuming a Beam Overload buff to fire a beam overload will trigger a 5 second cooldown period during which no other Beam Overload powers can be activated. This 5 second cooldown period is not triggered if the buff just wears off due to duration/unuse, or if the buff is purged by a dispel effect.
- Starts 15 second system cooldown on:
- Target: Self
- System: Beams
- Activation: 0.6
- Global Cooldown: 15s
- Base Cooldown: 30s
- Interacts with:
- Subsytems Power: None
- Duty Officers:
- Directed Energy Flux - Activating any Temporal Operative Bridge Officer Ability or the Directed Energy Modulation Ability will grant +25% Bonus Damage of Beams: Overload for 15 sec.
- Energy Web - Applies a brief hold with heavy shield penetrating physical damage.
- Subsystem Redundancies - Beams: Overload triggers a shield heal, a shield hardness buff that will restore offline shield facings.
- Superweapon Ingenuity - Increases the duration of Beams: Overload by 5 seconds.
- Coordinated Assault - Activating Beams: Overload grants your Pets a copy of Beams: Overload I.
- Heavy Tachyon Mine - Activating Beams: Overload spawns a large mine that will cause high kinetic damage (with 100% shield penetration) and a Tachyon Particle Hazard that will heavily damage shields.
- Kemocite Overload - Beams: Overload triggers a 2km radius explosion that deals radiation damage and reduces the damage resistance of affected foes.
- Overwhelming Force - Beams: Overload attacks will create a weaker version of Charged Particle Burst at the target's location.
- Preferential Targeting - Activating Beam: Fire at Will or Cannon: Scatter Volley will cause Beams: Overload to do 100% additional damage for the next 30 seconds.
- Crescent Wave Discharge - Beam: Overload or any Pilot powers build charges, and fire a massive blast at 3 stacks.
- Trained by:
- Countered by: None
|Ability/User Rank||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||Overloads your Beam Weapons for 10 sec:
|Rank II: Lieutenant||Overloads your Beam Weapons for 10 sec:
|Rank III: Lt. Commander||Overloads your Beam Weapons for 10 sec:
- This ability was given an overhaul on August 8, 2019. Beams: Overload in its current state now applies to all Beam Weapons in a fashion similar to Cannon: Rapid Fire.
- Citation needed