Ability: Battle Cloak
Overview[edit | edit source]
Battle Cloak is a player-only ability available primarily to Klingon Empire players who use a Bird-of-Prey raider, although it is also found on other ships like the Qib Intel Battlecruiser or the Na'kuhl ships. This is distinct from the Romulan Battle Cloak which has greater bonuses but is affected by the Warbird's singularity core charge level. The Battle Cloak ability allows the player to cloak during combat, gaining stealth and a damage boost upon decloaking, although it must be used with caution as it will remove your shields. As the player cloaks, any weapons that were already firing on you will continue to do so, such as cannon weapons or beam weapons, and also any projectiles that were in mid-flight will hit. All of this damage goes straight to your hull.
Although specifically called a Battle Cloak, players can still use this ability out-of-combat as they would a normal cloak. This is a toggle ability and will not remove itself even if the player attempts to fire at a target. To remove the cloak once it's active, click on the Battle Cloak ability in your hotbar again. Players can use all abilities while cloaked which is very valuable as it allows you to come straight out of cloak pre-buffed.
Enemy players in PvP can remove this ability by using their own scanning abilities. Others players can also detect you if you move too close to them. Friendly players will still be able to see you in a cloaked state and also at distance.
Some ships have a unique Enhanced Battle Cloak that allows them to fire torpedoes and deploy mines while cloaked, as well as use most Captain and Bridge officer abilities.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Battle Cloak grants stealth to your starship, but lowers your shields while active. Battle Cloak can be activated in combat, but disables offensive combat actions until the cloak is deactivated manually. The cloak will also disable when you interact with an object or contact.
When activated, your shields will drop for a few seconds before the Cloak fully engages. Immediately after decloaking, you will have a short duration damage bonus.
The strength of the cloak is determined by your starship's auxiliary power setting.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Self
- Attack Type: N/A
- Ability Type: Buff, Toggle
- Activation: 1.00 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Not trainable (innate ability)
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
- Formula for Stealth (@Level 60):
- non-Romulan: Stealth = Aux + 0.5*Skill+ 4925.5
- Romulan: Stealth = Aux + 0.5*Skill + 4980
- Compare with the Romulan Battle Cloak, which grants somewhat better bonuses to damage, turn rate and stealth but is weakened by high Singularity Warp Core power.
- Until January 2016, Battle Cloak was only available to Klingon and Romulan players. Federation players finally received a Battle Cloak Ability as a 3-part Stealth Fighter set bonus.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Carrier and Flight-Deck Starship||Carrier commands|
|Science-based Starship||Sensor Analysis • Subsystem Targeting|
|Romulan Warbird||Singularity Core abilities|
|Intel Starship||Gather Intelligence • Warp Signature Masking|
|Pilot Starship||Pilot Maneuvers|
|Temporal Starship||Molecular Reconstruction|
|Specific Starships|| Cloak • Battle Cloak • Romulan Battle Cloak • Enhanced Battle Cloak|
Phaser Spinal Lance • Javelin • Plasma Spinal Lance • Chroniton Lance • Gravitic Lance
Improved Hull Regeneration • Long Range Sensor Masking • Energy Distributor
Tactical Mode • Siege Mode • Launch Support Craft • Transwarp