Ability: Augment Boarding Party
- Augment Boarding Party
- Drain Shields and Capture Starship
- Profession: Tactical
- Region: Space
- Game Description: A boarding party of genetically modified Augments beams aboard an enemy vessel, disabling its shields and attempting to sieze [sic] it. If the ship would be destroyed, instead it warps out, becoming available to the Captain as an Admiralty Card. Up to one such card per eligable [sic] ship class may be held at a time, and the Cards are consumed on use. Eligable [sic] classes are Frigate, Cruiser, Battleship, and Dreadnaught [sic]. The use of Augments in modern days is rare but extant. Prohibited by almost all spacefaring races, after being attempted by almost all spacefaring races, small populations of Augments persist in holding cells and back alleys across the galaxy. They are all too willing to assist in combat in exchange for certain liberties.
- Target: Foe
- Activation: 0.5
- Range: 10km
- Firing/Targeting Arc: 360 degrees
- Global Cooldown: 45s
- Base Cooldown: 60s
- Interacts with:
- Skills: None
- Subsytems Power: None
- Duty Officers: None
- Traits: None
- Trained by:
- Rank I - Lockbox
- Rank II - Lockbox
- Rank III - Lockbox
- Countered by: Tactical Team
|Ability/User Rank||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||Drain Shields and Capture Starship
|Rank II: Lieutenant||Drain Shields and Capture Starship
|Rank III: Lt. Commander||Drain Shields and Capture Starship
- The capture must take place during the 35s that the skill is active.
- On console (XB1), this can be set to auto-execute:
- when the target's health is less than or equal to 50%, or
- when the target's average shield strength is greater than 50%.
- "Held" in this context means either available for use or currently assigned. Once an assignment completes, the card is consumed and another may be obtained - even before the assignment is collected (success) or acknowledged (failure).