- 1 Timeline
- 1.1 2301-2349
- 1.2 2350-2369
- 1.3 2370-2379
- 1.4 2380-2389
- 1.5 2390-2400
- 2 Other notable events
- 3 Missions
The 24th Century is a span of 100 Earth years that started in 2301 and ended in 2400. The first half of the century marks a notable period of relative peace in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants of the Galaxy. The latter half is marked by several conflicts, catastrophes and devastating wars, shaking the foundations of many of the Alpha Quadrant's major powers.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
2301-2349[edit | edit source]
2311[edit | edit source]
- The Treaty of Algeron is signed by the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire, prohibiting the use of cloaking technology by the Federation.
- The Romulan Star Empire enters a new period of isolation.
2315[edit | edit source]
- The star of the Xleen System goes supernova.
2327[edit | edit source]
2328[edit | edit source]
2332[edit | edit source]
- The Nexus passes through the Milky Way; the U.S.S. Forrestal is sent to study the anomaly and disappears. Starfleet declares the vessel missing.
2343[edit | edit source]
2344[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Enterprise-C is destroyed in the Battle of Narendra III, defending a Klingon colony from Romulan attackers.
- Several crew members of the Enterprise-C are taken prisoner by the Romulans, among them Natasha Yar who had joined the crew in an alternate timeline.
- The Federation and the Klingon Empire negotiate a peace treaty.
2345[edit | edit source]
2346[edit | edit source]
- Romulan forces destroy a Klingon colony during the Khitomer Massacre.
- Survivors of the massacre, among them Worf, are taken to Starbase 24.
2347[edit | edit source]
2349[edit | edit source]
- Natasha Yar is secretly moved to a Romulan internment camp, following an unsuccessful escape attempt from Romulus; her daughter Sela is told by her father that her mother was executed for her actions.
2350-2369[edit | edit source]
2351[edit | edit source]
2353[edit | edit source]
- The Borg become aware of Humanity's existence due to a message sent 200 years earlier.
- The Treaty of Alliance is signed by the Federation and the Klingon Empire.
2354[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Raven sets out to investigate rumors about the Borg and dissappears.
2361[edit | edit source]
- Development of the Emergency Medical Hologram begins on Jupiter Station.
2364[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Enterprise-D is commissioned under the command of Jean-Luc Picard.
- The Romulan Star Empire comes out of isolation after several Federation and Romulan outposts along the Federation-Romulan Neutral Zone are destroyed by the Borg.
- Starfleet Command and other high ranking officers are infected by neural parasites, who manipulate them in order to prepare the Federation for an invasion. Although the crew of the Enterprise-D uncover the conspiracy, the mother creature of the parasites is able to send a signal out to unknown space before being killed.
2365[edit | edit source]
- Artificial life is granted civil rights within the Federation
- The official first contact between the Federation and the Borg Collective leads to decades of hostile engagements
- The lost planet Iconia is rediscovered by the U.S.S. Yamato, the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, and the I.R.W. Haakona. Subcommander Taris of the Haakona attempts to claim Iconia for the Romulan Star Empire in the hopes of recovering an Iconian gateway, but Captain Picard of the Enterprise destroys the technology instead.
2366[edit | edit source]
- Development of the Defiant class begins.
- The Borg start their first incursion into the Alpha Quadrant.
2367[edit | edit source]
- The Federation loses 39 starships at the Battle of Wolf 359, among them the U.S.S. Saratoga.
- Gowron becomes chancellor of the Klingon Empire.
- The Federation and the Cardassian Union sign a peace treaty.
2368[edit | edit source]
- Joshua Albert, a member of the Nova Squadron dies in a flight training accident
- The House of Duras is supported by the Romulan Empire during the Klingon Civil War
- Ambassador Spock assists an underground movement on Romulus, hoping to initiate reunification of the Vulcan and Romulan people
- Hugh is the only survivor of a Borg scout ship that cashed on a planet in the Argolis Cluster; he is discovered by the Enterprise-D and becomes the first drone to be liberated from the Collective.
2369[edit | edit source]
- The occupation of Bajor after decades of resistance by the Bajoran people.
- Starfleet takes control of Deep Space Nine and discovers the Bajoran wormhole
- Starfleet begins exploration of the Gamma Quadrant
- The Solanae abduct crewmembers of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D to subspace and conduct experiments on them
- The clone of Kahless is designated as Emperor of the Klingon Empire
- The Enterprise-D discovers the U.S.S. Jenolan crashed on the Jenolan Dyson Sphere, with Captain Montgomery Scott as the only survivor
2370-2379[edit | edit source]
2370[edit | edit source]
- The Cardassian Union and Federation sign a new treaty, establishing a Demilitarized Zone between their two territories and exchanging control of several colony worlds.
- Several Federation colony worlds declare war on the Cardassian Union, calling themselves the Maquis.
- The U.S.S. Odyssey is destroyed by Jem'Hadar in the Gamma Quadrant.
2371[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Voyager launches from Utopia Planitia under the command of Kathryn Janeway and is lost in the Delta Quadrant.
- Voyager makes first contact with the Ocampa, Talaxians and the Kazon.
- The Bajoran-Cardassian Treaty is signed.
- The Founders infiltrate the Alpha Quadrant.
- The Enterprise-D is destroyed in the Battle of Veridian III with a D12-class Bird-of-Prey commanded by the Duras sisters, who themselves also perish when their ship is destroyed with all hands lost.
2372[edit | edit source]
- The Cardassian Union surrenders control of the Trivas System, leaving behind Empok Nor.
- The second Federation-Klingon War ignites as the Klingon Empire declares war on the Cardassian Union.
- A coup d'état is prevented on Earth after the bombing of the Antwerp Conference.
- The Enterprise-E launches under the command of Jean-Luc Picard.
- Voyager makes first contact with the Automated Personnel Units.
- Ensign Harry Kim is killed in a hull breach on the U.S.S. Voyager, but is replaced by a quantum duplicate.
2373[edit | edit source]
- The Federation-Klingon War ends.
- The Dominon War begins as the Cardassian Union officially joins the Dominion.
- The Borg attempt to assimilate Earth via a timeline incursion during the Battle of Sector 001.
- Sessen, still a baby, is one of the few survivors of a Kazon takeover of U.S.S. Voyager.
- U.S.S. Voyager crosses the Nekrit Expanse.
- The Borg invade Fluidic Space for the first time and ignite a brutal conflict with the Undine.
- The Maquis suffers a major defeat by the Dominion in the Dubhe System.
- Voyager makes first contact with the Cooperative, the Voth and the Undine.
2374[edit | edit source]
- The Undine are driven out of the Milky Way by the Borg and U.S.S. Voyager.
- The Romulan Star Empire joins the Federation and Klingon Empire against the Dominion.
- Several major battles of the Dominion War take place, including Operation Return and the Battle of Chin'toka.
- 2,800 Dominion ships dissappear inside the Bajoran wormhole at the hand of the Prophets.
- Voyager makes first contact with the Benthans and the Hirogen.
2375[edit | edit source]
- The Breen form an alliance with the Dominion.
- 2,147 people are killed in a surprise Breen attack on San Francisco.
- Martok becomes Chancellor of the Klingon Empire after the death of Gowron.
- The U.S.S. Defiant enters service, after the destruction of her predecessor.
- The Dominion War ends with the Battle of Cardassia and the Treaty of Bajor.
- Rom assumes the title of Grand Nagus, making Leeta the First Lady of the Ferengi Alliance.
- The Undine prepare to infiltrate the Federation for the first time.
- Voyager makes first contact with the Hazari and the Malon.
2376[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet makes direct contact with Voyager for the first time since 2371.
- Icheb is freed from the Borg Collective and joins Voyager.
- Voyager makes first contact with the Vaadwaur, the Turei, the Hierarchy and the Kobali.
2378[edit | edit source]
- The Borg Collective is dealt a crippling blow when one of their transwarp hubs is destroyed.
- Miral Paris is born onboard the U.S.S. Voyager to parents B'Elanna and Tom Paris.
- Voyager returns home after seven years in the Delta Quadrant.
2379[edit | edit source]
- A coup takes place on Romulus and Shinzon declares himself Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire.
- The Enterprise-E defeats the I.R.W. Scimitar in the Great Bloom System.
- Tal'aura declares herself Praetor of Romulus but both Donatra and the Reman Xiomek oppose her rule.
- The Female Changeling is sentenced for crimes against sentient beings and sent to the maximum prison facility Ananke Alpha.
2380-2389[edit | edit source]
2380[edit | edit source]
- Romulan forces begin a blockade of Remus
- A cooperation with the Federation to restore Cardassia's agricultural base is opposed by conservative government members and the True Way
2381[edit | edit source]
- The Remans seek an alliance with ambassador Spock's unification movement on Romulus
- Donatra conquers several Romulan worlds and declares herself Empress of the Imperial Romulan State
- Starfleet creates a new Borg task force led by Jean-Luc Picard and former Borg drone Annika Hansen
- The U.S.S. Stargazer-A launches at the San Francisco Fleet Yards
2382[edit | edit source]
- A colony is established on Pilatus Prime, but the colonists evacuate six months later due to seismic activity
- Tal'aura reforms the Romulan senate to increase her power and accepts Federation aid
- Klingon forces repeatedly strike in Romulan territory and occupy Khitomer
- The unification movement of Romulus presents its case to the Federation Council for the first time
2383[edit | edit source]
- Civil unrest sparks on Romulus and Admiral Taris defects to Donatra's Imperial State
- Reconstruction of Cardassia officially begins with Federation aid
- The Federation's opposition to the Klingon takeover of Khitomer leads to a diplomatic crisis
2384[edit | edit source]
- Sela is appointed as leader of Tal'aura's military forces
- Tal'aura is murdered on Romulus, leading to further unrest in both Romulan states
- A Gorn ship attacks the I.K.S. Quv, forcing Martok to reinforce military presence at the Klingon-Gorn border
2385[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet renews its efforts in exploration and scientific research, but dismantles its Borg task force. Seven of Nine (also known as "Annika Hansen") cuts ties with Starfleet in protest of this decision. She later takes a position with the Daystrom Institute
- The Enterprise-E assists in the evacuation of non-Klingon residents of Khitomer
- The Romulan states are surprisingly reunited
- Former Tal Shiar leader Chulan is elected as Praetor, while Donatra remains in control of the military
- Remans are granted Romulan citizenship for the first time
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard becomes the Federation ambassador to Vulcan
- King Slathis of the Gorn takes the throne after the death of his father
2386[edit | edit source]
- A Reman colony is established on Crateris
- Accusations about Tal'aura's murder lead to new unrests in the Romulan Empire
- The Klingon-Gorn crisis leads to several skirmishes and battles
- Civil unrests take place on Ferenginar after reforms initiated by Grand Nagus Rom
- The Federation-Cardassian Treaty is signed and the Cardassian military decommissioned
- Gul Madred begins mining operations in the Shahr System, likely as a cover to form the True Way movement
- Starfleet updates its uniform code to allow officers to choose from several different uniforms.
- Data becomes captain of the Enterprise-E
2387[edit | edit source]
- Ambassadors Spock and Jean-Luc Picard appeal to the Vulcan Science Academy to assist the Romulans with the Hobus supernova. The Vulcans refuse
- Exiled, Sela takes command of a fleet of ships and leaves for the Delta Quadrant
- Donatra, the leader of the Romulan Star Empire, is presumed killed when her ship disappears
- The Hobus star goes supernova, destroying Romulus, Remus and several other Romulan worlds
- Starfleet establishes an outpost in the Chiron System to coordinate relief efforts in the Romulan Empire
- Rashana Colony gains independence from the Romulan Star Empire, several other worlds follow
- Hassan the Undying assassinates Raimus, opening the way for Hassan's employer, Melani D'ian, to take over the Orion Syndicate
2388[edit | edit source]
- Several colony worlds claim leadership of the Romulan Star Empire, including Rator III.
- The Klingon Empire refuses to assist Federation relief efforts in Romulan space.
- The Orion Syndicate considers cooperation with both the Klingon Empire and the Breen.
2389[edit | edit source]
- The Klingon Empire attacks several worlds in Romulan and Gorn space. The Gorn ally with the Nausicaans to respond to the Klingons' attacks
- The Detapa Council is reestablished as the government body of the Cardassian Union
- Gul Madred begins building mining operations in the Alpha Quadrant
- Holoprojectors become standard equipment on Starfleet vessels, allowing for holographic crew members
2390-2400[edit | edit source]
2391[edit | edit source]
- Admiral Taris establishes a new Romulan fleet for the Romulan Star Empire
- The Federation Supreme Court deals with civil rights of Photonic lifeforms for the first time
- Photonic activists establish a colony in the Ra'kholh System
- Gul Madred stirs unrest in Cardassian Society with his "True Way" movement
- The Enterprise-E discovers hints of Species 8472 activity in the McAllister C-5 Nebula
2392[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet pulls back from the Romulan-Klingon border to protect civilian ship routes against Nausicaan raids
- Starfleet-mediated peace talks between the Klingon Empire and the Gorn break down
- Romulan Admiral Taris and Klingon Councilor J'mpok's fleets clash in the Zeta Pictoris system. The Romulans force the Klingons to retreat
- After a victorious battle, Taris is declared leader of the Romulan Star Empire
- Cardassia and the Ferengi Alliance sign important trade agreements
- Photonic lifeforms are denied civil rights by the Federation Supreme Court
2393[edit | edit source]
- Melani D'ian, leader of the Orion Syndicate, signs an alliance with J'mpok and the Klingon Empire. As a gift, she sends 1,500 women to be servants in the Klingon Great Houses
2394[edit | edit source]
- The colonists of Rhi III vote against re-joining the Romulan Empire
- The Supreme Court of the Federation rules that The Doctor is a sentient artificial lifeform. He accepts a posting as Chief Medical Officer on the Starfleet research facility of Galor IV.
2395[edit | edit source]
- Ja'rod, son of Lursa, is ambushed by strange tripedal aliens while on shore leave. He defeats these aliens--designated Species 8472 or the Undine--and brings one back to his ship for questioning. Ja'rod learns the alien was sent to kill him and take his place
- Vulcans celebrate the 225th anniverary of the completion of work on the rebuilt monastery at P'Jem
2396[edit | edit source]
- A Tazani-Federation research station is commissioned in orbit of Tazi
- Ja'rod, son of Lursa, kills Captain Klor of the I.K.S. Kang after Klor refuses to investigate Undine infiltrations in Alpha Quadrant
- Starfleet intelligence removes Captain T'Vix of the U.S.S. Cochrane and two of her senior officers. Records relating to this incident are soon after sealed.
2394[edit | edit source]
2398[edit | edit source]
- The Federation Council approves a dual citizenship program for members of species who are allies of the Federation but not members. This opens the door for thousands of new applicants to Starfleet Academy
2399[edit | edit source]
- The I.K.S. Kang returns to Qo'noS with evidence the Undine are controlling the Gorn Hegemony and are responsible for the conflict with the Klingon Empire
- J'mpok declares war on the Gorn after receiving proof of the Undine infiltration of the Gorn Hegemony
- A combined Orion and Klingon fleet invades Gorn space in 2399 and clashes with a Gorn and Nausicaan fleet protecting their key worlds
- The Klingons withdraw from the Khitomer Accords after the Federation Council condemns the Klingon invasion of the Gorn Hegemony
2400[edit | edit source]
- Worf makes a personal appeal to the Federation Council and Starfleet for Federation support of the Klingons' fight against the Undine infiltration of the Alpha Quadrant. When he is rebuffed, he cuts ties to the Federation
Other notable events[edit | edit source]
Births[edit | edit source]
- Jean-Luc Picard (2305, Earth)
- Benjamin Sisko (2332, Earth)
- Data (2336, Omicron Theta)
- Worf (2340, Qo'noS))
- Kathryn Janeway (2336, Earth)
- Sela (2345, Romulus)
- B'Elanna Torres (2349, Kessik IV)
- Kahless (2369, Boreth)
- Icheb (2360s or '70s, Brunali Homeworld)
- Naomi Wildman (2372, U.S.S. Voyager)
- Miral Paris (2378, U.S.S. Voyager)
- K'Dhan, son of Worf (2388)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
First Contacts (United Federation of Planets)[edit | edit source]
Official[edit | edit source]
- Crystalline Entity (2336)
- Ferengi (2364, several earlier encounters)
- Q (2364)
- Bluegill (2364)
- Borg (2365, several earlier encounters)
- Gekli (2367)
- Solanae (2369)
- Prophets (2369)
- Jem'Hadar (2370)
- Vorta (2370)
- Dominion (2370)
- Founders (2371)
- Ocampa (2371)
- Kazon (2371)
- Talaxians (2371)
- Automated Personnel Units (2372)
- Undine (2373)
- Voth (2373)
- Hirogen (2374)
- Hazari (2375)
- Malon (2375)
- Kobali (2376)
Starship classes[edit | edit source]
Starfleet[edit | edit source]
KDF[edit | edit source]
Romulan Empire & Remans[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
Missions[edit | edit source]
- “State of Q” (2367, removed from game)
- “Of Bajor” (2375, recordings only)
- “Dust to Dust” (2372, flashback only)
[edit | edit source]
- 24th century at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- 24th century at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
2390 • 2391 • 2392 • 2393 • 2394 • 2395 • 2396 • 2397 • 2398 • 2399
2400 • 2401 • 2402 • 2403 • 2404 • 2405 • 2406 • 2407 • 2408 • 2409