The 23rd Century is a span of 100 Earth years that started in 2201 and ended in 2300. The century is defined by several conflicts among the powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants of the Galaxy. Despite constant threats, the United Federation of Planets faces an unprecedented growth and advancement of science and society.
- 1 Timeline
- 1.1 2201-2249
- 1.2 2250s (Star Trek: Discovery)
- 1.3 2260s (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- 1.4 2270s (Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday)
- 1.5 2280 to 2299 (Star Trek I-IV)
- 1.6 Alternate realities
- 2 Other notable events
- 3 Missions
- 4 External links
Timeline[edit | edit source]
2201-2249[edit | edit source]
2245[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet and Klingon forces fight the Battle of Donatu V
- The U.S.S. Enterprise is commissioned under the command of Robert T. April
2250s (Star Trek: Discovery)[edit | edit source]
2250[edit | edit source]
- Christopher Pike takes command of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
2256[edit | edit source]
- The messianic T'Kuvma seeks to reunite infighting Klingon houses, with L'Rell among his most passionate followers.
- Starfleet and Klingon forces brutally clash at the Battle at the Binary Stars, leading to the first Federation-Klingon War. ( “Battle at the Binary Stars”)
- Cloaking technology is distributed among several Klingon houses, gaining Klingon forces a decisive advantage in the war.
- Klingon Matriarch J'Ula attacks a Starfleet vessel on a cadet training cruise and kills its Captain, Anton Schaefer. ( “Routine Maneuvers”)
- As one of the most important dilithium mining facilities of the Federation, Corvan II comes under repeated Klingon attack. ( “Children of War”)
- J'Ula steals mycelial-related technology from the U.S.S. Glenn. ( “Secrets”)
- U.S.S. Glenn is lost with all hands during a classified propulsion experiment.
2257[edit | edit source]
- As the Federation-Klingon War rages on, more than 20% of Federation territory is lost and Starfleet expects to lose the war.
- Starbase 1 is lost to Klingon Forces of House D'Ghor, while matriarch J'Ula and several Starfleet officers disappear during the battle. ( “Downfall”)
- Following an intervention by the U.S.S. Discovery, the new Klingon chancellor L'Rell agrees to a cease fire between the Klingon Empire and the Federation, ending the Federation-Klingon War.
2260s (Star Trek: The Original Series)[edit | edit source]
2265[edit | edit source]
- Driffen's Comet passes the Drozana System
- An unknown epidemic spreads aboard Drozana Station. ( “Everything Old is New”)
- The House of Duras and the House of B'vat have a hostile feud.
- The Enterprise starts its most famous five-year mission under the command of James T. Kirk.
- The Borg invade the El-Aurian homeworld in the Beta Quadrant.
2266[edit | edit source]
- After a century of isolation, the Romulan Empire attacks several Federation outposts.
- Species M-113 is thought to be extinct, after the last known creature is killed by Leonard McCoy.
2267[edit | edit source]
- After a short period of renewed conflict, the Treaty of Organia is signed by the Federation and the Klingon Empire
- A Doomsday Machine is destroyed by the U.S.S. Constellation.
- Nimbus III is colonized by Federation, Klingon and Romulan citizens.
2268[edit | edit source]
- An alliance occurs between the Romulan Empire and the Klingon Empire
- Tribbles are introduced to Deep Space K-7.
- The Babel Conference is held to finalize the admittance of Coridan into the Federation. ( “Return to Babel”)
- The U.S.S. Defiant is lost in an encounter with Tholians. ( “Tangled Webs”)
2270s (Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday)[edit | edit source]
2270[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet revisits the Murasaki-12 Effect after a survey ship is destroyed in the area by Klingon forces. ( “I Sing of Arms”, “The Taurean Affair”)
- The Federation and the Gorn Hegemony each maintain a presence in the Edren System. Because of this, the Romulan Star Empire tries to manipulate both powers into war, however their plan is foiled by the Federation forces. ( “In the Shadow of Cestus”)
- Deep Space K-13 disappears under mysterious circumstances after an attack of the neural parasites. ( “Painful Omens”)
- A Klingon fleet attacks a Starfleet colony in the Caleb System. When they arrive there they find Federation forces prepared to defend the planet, this way starting the Battle of Caleb IV, the first battle in which the Klingons made use of Cloaking Technology. ( “The Battle of Caleb IV”)
- The Enterprise encounters a Starfleet ship from the 25th Century and helps to fend off B'vat's forces. ( “Past Imperfect”)
2271[edit | edit source]
2280 to 2299 (Star Trek I-IV)[edit | edit source]
2285[edit | edit source]
- The Enterprise is destroyed over Genesis in the Mutara Nebula.
- Starfleet unsuccessfully experiments with transwarp technology.
- The Miranda class starship is in service by this year.
- The U.S.S. Excelsior is commissioned as the first of her class.
2286[edit | edit source]
- For the last time in almost a century, Earth enters a state of emergency as it is attacked by the Whale Probe.
- Two humpback whales, George and Gracie, are released in the Bay of San Francisco.
- The U.S.S Enterprise-A is commissioned.
2287[edit | edit source]
2289[edit | edit source]
2293[edit | edit source]
- The Klingon moon Praxis explodes.
- The First Khitomer Accords are signed.
- The U.S.S Enterprise-B launches on its maiden voyage on which James T. Kirk disappears.
- El-Aurian survivors appear in Federation space.
2294[edit | edit source]
Alternate realities[edit | edit source]
- In an alternate reality created by the Na'kuhl meddling of the Babel Conference, the Federation annexed Coridan, and by 2270 the situation has degraded further with an opposition movement taking hostages. ( “Return to Babel”)
- In another alternate timeline, this time created by a Na'kuhl attack on the Tholians in 2268, Tholians began mobilizing their troops in 2270 against the Federation thinking they had been responsible for the unprovoked attacked two years earlier. ( “Tangled Webs”)
- In the Kelvin Timeline, the Tuterians used the Klingons of that reality to defend their sphere network. ( “Terminal Expanse”)
Other notable events[edit | edit source]
Births[edit | edit source]
- Leonard James Akaar (2267, Capella IV)
- Brett Anderson
- Philippa Georgiou
- James T. Kirk (2233, Earth)
- Leonard McCoy (2227, Earth)
- Montgomery Scott (2222, Earth)
- Spock (2230, Vulcan; 2285, Genesis)
- Justin Straal
- Sylvia Tilly
- Tuvok (2264, Vulcan)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Brett Anderson (2256)
- Jonathan Archer (2245)
- Philippa Georgiou (2256)
- Kensington (2256)
- James T. Kirk (2293, assumed)
- Montgomery Scott (2294, assumed)
- Spock (2285, resurrected)
- Justin Straal (2256)
- T'Kuvma (2256)
First Contacts (United Federation of Planets)[edit | edit source]
Official[edit | edit source]
- Capellan (2267)
- El-Aurian (<2293)
- Gorn (2267)
- Guardian of Forever (2267)
- Horta (2267)
- Species M-113 (2266)
- Terran Empire (2267)
Starship classes[edit | edit source]
- Class F Shuttle (2250s)
- Cruiser (2250s)
- Cruiser (refit) (2270s)
- Light Cruiser (2270s)
- Advanced Heavy Cruiser (2280s)
- Light Science Vessel (2280s)
Missions[edit | edit source]
- “Battle at the Binary Stars” (2256)
- “Graduation Day (DSC)” (2256)
- “Routine Maneuvers” (2256)
- “Trial by Fire” (2256)
- “The Shadow Knows” (2256)
- “Children of War” (2256)
- “Reporting In” (2256)
- “Secrets” (2256)
- “Defense of Starbase One” (2257)
- “Downfall” (2257)
- “Night of the Comet” (2265)
- “Everything Old is New” (2265)
- “I Sing of Arms” (2270)
- “Search and Rescue” (2270)
- “Bull by the Horns” (2270)
- “Dislodging Klingons” (2270)
- “The Taurean Affair” (2270)
- “Earthward Bound” (2270)
- “Explore Earth Spacedock” (2270)
- “In the Shadow of Cestus” (2270)
- “Painful Omens” (2270)
- “Return to Babel” (2270)
- “Tangled Webs” (2270)
- “The Battle of Caleb IV” (2270)
- “Past Imperfect” (2270)
- “Days of Doom” (2270)
- “Miner Instabilities” (2270)
[edit | edit source]
- 23rd century at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- 23rd century at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
2390 • 2391 • 2392 • 2393 • 2394 • 2395 • 2396 • 2397 • 2398 • 2399
2400 • 2401 • 2402 • 2403 • 2404 • 2405 • 2406 • 2407 • 2408 • 2409