From Star Trek Online Wiki
Events[edit | edit source]
- After reevaluating all of its post-Dominion War assets and resources, Starfleet Command announces that it will re-focus various starships, changing their missions from defense and diplomacy to exploration and scientific discovery. Among the re-assigned ships is the U.S.S. Enterprise-E.
- Stardate 62230.13: The Klingon Empire announces that all non-Klingons must leave Khitomer within 14 standard days as a "safety measure". Captain Jean-Luc Picard convinces Chancellor Martok to extend the deadline and leads a contingent of ships to assist in the evacuation of former residents to Federation colonies.
- Captain Picard resigns his Starfleet commission. After a brief sabbatical in France, Picard accepts a position as Federation ambassador to Vulcan.
- Beverly Crusher accepts the position of captain of the USS Pasteur, an Olympic-class medical starship. Her first task is to assist with the Cardassia Prime rebuilding efforts.
- Geordi La Forge requests a long-term leave of absence from Starfleet to work on personal projects, including plans to build and test his own starship designs.
- Stardate 62782.91: The Soong Foundation, with the help of Geordi La Forge, unlocks the "Data matrix," which is the entire personality and being of Data, who had transferred this information into B-4 before his death in the Battle of Bassen Rift.
- The Data persona takes over B-4 rudimentary programming and assists the Soong Foundation in upgrading the positronic brain and recreating Dr. Noonien Soong's emotion chip. The foundation reports that their work will be completed in a matter of months.
- Worf also resigns his commission in Starfleet, serving in a diplomatic role to ease the tensions between Klingons and the Federation. He returns to Qo'noS to become lead ambassador and begins a relationship with Grilka.
- The USS Enterprise-E is assigned to the Utopia Planitia shipyards for en extensive refit. The Starfleet Corps of Engineers reports that the refit will require at least one year to complete; the ship will be used as a testbed for breakthrough technology, among which is the advanced sensor array first installed on Luna-class starships, which will be retrofitted onto other classes of ships.
- Starfleet Command decides to dismantle its Borg task force after over two years of no Borg activity in Federation space, believing that the U.S.S. Voyager caused more damage to the Borg than initially speculated.
Source[edit | edit source]
- "The Path to 2409: 2385" – Arcgames.com
[edit | edit source]
| Previous year:
| Next year:|