Wildlife refers to non-sentient creatures found on various planets in the Galaxy but also in space. Alternative designations can be Critter, Creature, Beast or Fauna. Most of them react aggressively to incursion into their territory.
Types of Fauna
Several basic types of creatures can be differentiated by their body structure.
Spider-like creatures dwell in a wide variety of environments, including deserts, ice caves and remote areas of space stations. They appear in packs and can move very fast. Their bite is poisonous. Spiders are smaller than quadrupeds.
Cosmozoans are creatures spending most of their life in space. Some of them can be extremely dangerous, while others adhere to a more peaceful lifestyle. Many species plant their eggs on planets and move into space after hatching. Most cosmozoans are as large as starships, while some are considerably bigger.
Four-legged mammals and reptiles appear on many planets. They usually live in packs and attack by biting their prey. Over time, sentient species have domesticated many of these. They're approximately half as tall as humanoids.
Tribbles are small, round, furry creatures. They are renown for their extremely fast reproductive system. Being born pregnant, those animals reproduce within a very short amount of time, given that enough food can be consumed. They have beneficial effects on most humanoid species, except for Klingons.
Worms are non-arthropod invertebrates. One species of worm is encountered in the Nopada System. These live underground and prey with their mouths and acid venom they eject. These creatures vary in size, from being about twice as large as humanoids to giant Elder worms who reach the height of a multi-storied building.
- “Crystalline Catastrophe”: Crystalline Entities are roaming both the Teneebia Sector and Klingon space.
- “Bringing Down the House”: Aggressive Wild Targs live in packs in the Ketha Lowlands on Qo'noS
- “What Lies Beneath”: Talarian Hook Spiders dwell in the abandoned sections of Drozana Station.
- “Mine Enemy”: Romulan miners in the Hfihar System have tamed some Warriguls. Wild specimen live directly outside the settlement.
- “Coliseum”: Commander Hakeev sends the player to fight several critters in his arena: Desert Acari spiders, Warriguls, Sehlat cats and Aehallh Worms. These also live in the Nopadan desert's canyon.
- “Fastest Race on Ice”: Among the creatures the player can compete in Q's race are Snow Mastiffs and Gli'karma Ice Spiders.
- “Alpha”: The jungle of Orith II is rife with a diverse flora and fauna, including Saurs, Orithian Saber Cats and Orithian Creepers.
- “Hearts and Minds”: The lab of Dr. Sibak contains Modified Regalian Fleaspiders.
- Some critters are available as Pets, such as the Targ Pup and the Sehlat Cub.
- In-game, Hortas are considered fauna, although they're sentient.
|Creatures in Star Trek Online|
|Animals||Aehallh Worm • Armored hatham • Desert Acari • Dewan arthropod • Driclae • Epohh • Glikar'ma Ice Spider • Jackal Mastiff • Mook • Mugato • Nanov • Orithian Creeper • Orithian Saber Cat • Regalian Fleaspider • Rihan sailback • Saur • Sehlat • Snow Possum • Talarian Hook Spider • Targ • Vihranen • Vivver cat • Warrigul|
|Cosmozoans||Crystalline Entity • Gekli • Idran Swarmer|
|See also||Cosmozoan • Pet • Wildlife|