Welcome to the STO Wiki Suggestion Box!
Important: This is for Wiki related feedback only. Game feature requests should be posted on the official feedback forums. If you do not comply with this rule, your feedback will be moved by an admin to this site.
To add a suggestion, simply click the link below, or click "Discussion" above to participate. On the Discussion page, click the "+" tab at the top to add your own suggestion, or click "Edit" to reply to someone else's suggestion.
We will try to reply to your suggestions individually. Keep in mind that we will archive the Suggestion Box from time to time, in order to save space.
- Below are the current contents of the Discussion page. Remember to click the link above to add your own!
 Fleet pages and template
I was wondering if any Fleet has a page describing it. It appears to me none has, is this against STOWiki policy?
If not, I think we should create a template and encourage members to create pages about their fleet. This should also be a place where consistently list the fleets in order for the players to get more information and to figure out what fleet would suit their style the most. --Luca Mauri 22:04, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if the previous admins ever actually wrote up a fleet page policy, but I am pretty sure they decided to disallow them. At least, I thought I had read something to that effect somewhere on the wiki, but I'm having trouble finding it now.
- To be honest, based on what I've heard about other wikis that chose to allow guild pages, I'm of the opinion they are much more trouble than they are worth, even with a good policy framework to deal with them. They end up generating drama about whether to retain old ones, minor edits to these pages can start filling up recent changes, and fleets can end vandalizing the pages of others; in short, many other wikis found them to become unmanageable over time. — Eyes 23:22, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- I see your points and I actually imagined something like this was the cause of no information on Fleets.
- Still, it is my opinion that STO cannot be complete without at least some basic information about Fleets. What about a list maybe similar to STO User Hub?
- I think we should find a way to integrate some information about fleets without risking serious troubles as you explained. --Luca Mauri 23:02, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I agree or disagree with the idea that fleet information is important to be complete or that we should include some kind of hub page for fleets. For now, I'll just wait and see if anyone else wants to register their opinion on the matter. — Eyes 02:45, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
 New ship for new seasons.
Hi my name is Robert.
I've been STO for about a year off and on. What would be nice if you added some newer ships to the federation. Such as the Eximius class escort.
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums. - Mitchz95 (User:Mitchz95) 17:48, 22 February 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I am Richard. was wondering if we will see TOS era ships that we might design an adventure where one if them slips into the future like the Soyuz-class Bozeman did? maybe even a tip of the hat to the animated series, designing the Huron type, freighter for civilian/trader use. Franz Joseph ships including the federation dreadnaught.
thanks again for your efforts. love you work.
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums. - Mitchz95 (User:Mitchz95) 03:29, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
Was hoping to have the Wrath of Khan bridge by now. -Federation player
 3D Chess in STO
Considering the game takes ideas and events directly from the series here is a suggestion of my own. Why doesn't STO invent and incorporate the 3-dimensional chess game that is in the series?
I'm sure they could easily find a location such as Vulcan or ESD to give tutorials and stations where one could learn the game and maybe in time add a regular daily event for it if enough community support and GM interest was generated.
What do you think?
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums; you'll get more of a response there. - Mitchz95 (User:Mitchz95) 03:52, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
 Weapons update
Any info on fleet or andorian weapons yet?
 Request Resubmission - Powers Template
I've been doing some looking into powers here on STOWiki, thinking about a new build. The pages you have are a great help, but there's somewhat sloppy, many are incomplete, and a few are even out-of-date (using the old skills system). So, I propose an overhaul of them to make them cleaner and easier to use. Part of this would be a template for powers, as follows (copy-pasted and upgraded from last time):
Ranks: (I, II, and/or III)
Class: (Eng, Tac, Sci)
Area: (Space or Ground)
Type: (Buff/Debuff, may be more than one)
Source: (what grants this power - list all)
Effect: (Basic summary of what it does)
Skills: (what skills will boost this power, if any)
The page itself would proceed to go into greater detail on exactly what each power did, including the effect BOff Points had on powers (for BOff Powers) and the exact numerals for each power's Rank. This combined would make Powers pages easier overall to use.
Feedback anyone? CPTNIce (User:CPTNIce) 03:00, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
 There needs to be a photonic engineer
I've noticed that you can get both tactical & science photonic crew members but no engineering one plz make a photonic enigneer co the would complete the photonics avalible. Also it would be nice to be able to buy them from C-store or win them in events/missions. also it would be be a great addition to add male liberated borg bridge crew & also tactical & science options for borg crew.
- Hello. Please note that this page is meant for suggestions to the wiki only and, to our knowledge, is not reviewed by any of the developers. You'd have much better luck making this suggestion on the official forums. — Eyes 04:18, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
 Legacy of Romulus expansion and wiki UI style updates
With the recent announcement of a playable Romulan faction, I'm wondering what prep work we should do for the wiki with regards to populating content pertaining playable Romulans (info pages for ships, NPCs, missions etc).
There's also new screencaps showing the updated in-game UI (which more closely resembles LCARS) - perhaps someone would like to update the wiki skin too?
Of course, all this is dependent on what we actually get when the expansion hits Tribble / Holodeck, but I thought you guys would like a heads-up. --Sumghai (User:Sumghai) 08:02, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- I strongly advise AGAINST setting up articles of upcoming features. Look at Fleet Advancement System. It was written BEFORE Season 6 was released and still suffers from that. --Akira-sensei (User:Akira-sensei) 11:44, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- We could make a simple "Legacy of Romulus" page and put everything we know about that update there. Individual pages like Romulan Republic can wait, though. - Mitchz95 (User:Mitchz95) 17:13, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
 STO Wiki Mobile Site?
While playing STO I usually find something in the game while actively playing I would like to research, so I use my smart phone or a Tablet (I use Samsung Note II and a Nook Color)to access this wiki. I find it very difficult to to read and load on my mobile devices since there is no mobile or .mobi version of this wiki. I would suggest adding a .mobi or mobile version of the wiki, or even better an Android or Apple app. Thank you for any consideration duane17
- Unless someone else is working on mobile apps for MediaWiki, I don't think that's on the horizon. I do believe there are plans to set up a mobile skin for our wikis, but I don't have any ETA on that. I'll follow up on this when I can. — Eyes 01:28, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I've confirmed that mobile skins for our wikis are planned for sometime in the near future. We don't have a specific ETA yet, though. — Eyes 02:07, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
 Search borked
please look at the search feature, nothing is coming up for keywords.