Warp and Singularity Cores are a type of starship equipment which was added to the game with Legacy of Romulus. They determine the maximum warp speed in sector space (along with the Driver coil skill) and increase the available power for certain subsystems.
Warp core types
Starfleet and Klingon Empire starships use Matter-Antimatter warp cores, while Romulan Republic and Imperial vessels use Singularity warp cores. All warp cores fall under one of four categories: Standard, Hyper Injection, Overcharged, and Field Stabilizing.
Standard warp cores do not have any subsystem affinity, however the remaining three types provide a bonus to a single subsystem power level and add an efficiency bonus if that subsystem is running below 75 power. Matter-Antimatter warp cores boost the maximum power level to 130 as opposed to the normal 125, while Singularity warp cores increase the corresponding subsystem power level as the ship's singularity charge level builds.
Rare cores create a synergy bonus from one power level to another, for example providing bonus weapon power when focusing on auxiliary systems. Very rare Matter-Antimatter cores go a step further, providing a “capacitor” power – a reusable battery which can be used to either add power to a subsystem or to bring it back online if it has been knocked out.
Matter-Antimatter cores focus on Engineering stats, boosting abilities like electro-plasma system, starship engine performance, or starship batteries while Singularity Cores focus on science-based stats and provide up to five additional Singularity abilities as higher tier Romulan vessels are unlocked. Some singularity cores boost abilities such as particle generators or graviton generators, while others instead affect the rate at which you gain singularity charge or reduce the wait time between using singularity abilities.
With these cores, the goal is to allow players to tweak their own singularity mechanics to their liking, and experiment with power levels in new and interesting ways to discover optimal uses for each singularity ability. Rare Singularity cores can enhance certain Singularity abilities, adding effects like high-yield torpedo redirection to a Warp Shadow or a Critical Severity buff during a Singularity Overcharge. Very rare cores provide an analogue to the “capacitor” powers found on Matter-Antimatter cores: allowing the player to drain the current Singularity charge and shunt a portion of it into a particular subsystem.
Singularity Core abilities are fueled by Singularity Charge. All Romulan ships have a Singularity Charge gauge with five levels. Using any Singularity ability consumes all remaining Singularity Charge, and the effectiveness of the ability used scales based on the amount of power that was consumed. After a Singularity ability is used, the Singularity Charge gauge will go offline for limited time before the charge begins to build again.
Matter-Antimatter Warp Cores
- [Matter Anti-Matter Warp Core] Standard
- [Field Stabilizing Warp Core] boosts maximum available Shield Power to 130.
- [Hyper Injection Warp Core] boosts maximum available Engine Power to 130.
- [Overcharged Warp Core] boosts maximum available Auxiliary Power to 130.
Crafting Warp Cores
- [Deuterium-Stabilized Warp Core] +15% increase to base resistance rate of all Power Levels.
- [Plasma-Integrated Warp Core] +100% increase to base regeneration rate of all Power Levels.
Fleet variant are combination of the Hyper Injection, Overcharged or Field Stabilizing Warp Core.
- Reinforced allows your Shield and Auxiliary Power to exceed 125.
- Hyper-Charged allows your Engine and Auxiliary Power to exceed 125.
- Plasma-Integrated provides +10% increase to base resistance rate of all power levels, and +66% increase to base regeneration rate of all power levels.
Singularity Warp Cores
- [Singularity Warp Core] Standard
- [Field Stabilizing Singularity Core] boosts Shield Power based on singularity charge.
- [Hyper Injection Singularity Core] boosts Engine Power based on singularity charge.
- [Overcharged Singularity Core] boosts Auxiliary Power based on singularity charge.
Fleet variant are combination of the Hyper Injection, Overcharged or Field Stabilizing Singularity Core.
- Reinforced focus Shield and Auxiliary Power.
- Hyper-Charged focus Engine and Auxiliary Power.
Special Warp Cores
The Special Warships in the Tal Shiar Lock Boxes, the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer and Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser come with the first special warp cores in the game the [Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core]. This warp core augments Auxiliary power, hull regeneration, and increases sector space speed. It also interacts with the other consoles on Tal Shiar Adapted warships to increase exotic particle damage. It is not compatible with either Matter-Antimatter or Singularity power systems, so cannot be equipped on other ships.
Advanced and Elite Fleet Warp Cores and Fleet Singularity Cores are available from the Fleet Dilithium Mine. The Fleet Spire holding provides access to Advanced and Elite Thoron-Infused and Plasma Integrated Warp and Singularity Cores.
Warp and Singularity Cores above Mk I have modifiers in several categories. The number of modifiers is dependent on rarity:
Any Warp or Singularity Core will only have one modifier from each of these categories:
Transwarp/Slipstream (Warp and Singularity Cores, Mk XI and above)
- [Trans] - 50% Reduced Cooldown on Transwarp
- [SSS] - Slipstream Speed Bonus
- Mk XI - +0.1
- Mk XII - +0.2
- [SSR] - 50% Recharge Time Reduction to Slipstream Drive
- [SST] - +20% Turn rate while in Slipstream.
Skill Bonus (Warp and Singularity Cores, and above)
- Warp Cores only:
- Singularity Cores only:
- Warp and Singularity Cores:
- [EPS] - Starship Electro-Plasma Systems
e.g. A Mk X core with [Coi] adds 15 to the Captain's Driver Coil skill value.
Singularity Charge (Singularity Cores, and above)
- [SingA] - +20% Singularity Charge Rate
- [SingC] - -10% Singularity Cooldown time
- [SingS] - -20% Singularity Power loss rate
Power Bonus (Warp Cores, and above)
- Provides 7.5% power of one subsystem to another. Given in the form [x->y]. e.g.: [A->E] Adds 7.5% of your Auxiliary power to your Engine power as bonus power.
- Note that this bonus does not reduce the source subsystem. In the [A->E] example above, if Aux power is at 100, then Engine power is boosted by 7.5 (while Aux remains at 100).
- There are 12 possible combinations for this modifier.
Singularity Ability (Singularity Cores,and above)
- [Jump] - +100% Singularity Jump Accuracy
- [OLoad] - While Singularity Overcharge is active, you gain +20% Crit Severity.
- [Res] - Your Singularity Shielding also provides you with 20 resistance to all damage.
- [Shad] - Singularity Warp Shadow will confuse all High - Yield Torpedoes in a 5km radius.
- [Wave] - 10% chance to disable 1 subsystem for 5s with Plasma Shockwave.
Capacitor (Warp and Singularity cores, only)
- [ACap] - Battery Capacitor: Auxiliary Power Buff - Repairs Disabled Auxiliary systems : +15 Auxiliary Power Setting for 10 sec
- [ECap] - Engines Capacitor: Engine Power Buff - Repairs Disabled Engines : +15 Engine Power Setting for 10 sec
- [SCap] - Shield Capacitor: Shield Power Buff - Repairs Disabled Shields : +15 Shield Power Setting for 10 sec : +267.5 Shield Regeneration
- [WCap] - Weapons Capacitor: Weapons Power Buff - Repairs Disabled Weapons : +15 Weapon Power Setting for 10 sec
- Warp core at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #17 at the Official website.