- This article refers to the planet Vulcan. You may instead be looking for the Vulcan species.
Vulcan is a Class M planet in the Vulcan System and homeworld of the humanoid Vulcans, a founding member of the United Federation of Planets. The planet is located about 16 light years from Earth, in the Vulcan Sector.
- “Diplomatic Orders”: Ambassador Sokketh has to be picked up on Vulcan and transferred to the monastery on P'Jem.
- “Ancestral Sin”: Romulan Ambassador Jirok is concerned about his security on Vulcan as he visits the planet for diplomatic negotiations.
- “Empress Sela”: In order to "take revenge" for the destruction of Romulus, Empress Sela of the Romulan Star Empire launches a surprise attack on Vulcan. A Starfleet task force under the command of Admiral T'nae and including the player can thwart Sela's attack by using a tachyon detection grid encompassing the entire planet.
- When “Diplomatic Orders” was remastered, several space stations were added to Vulcan's orbit. Before that the map was empty except for the planet.
- In an alternate timeline, Vulcan was destroyed in 2258 by Romulan miner Nero, who wanted revenge for the destruction of Romulus in 2387. These events also tie in with the disappearance of Ambassador Spock.
- Following the death of Leonard Nimoy in February 2015, a statue dedicated to Spock's memory was erected on the surface of the planet.
The memorial for Ambassador Spock on Vulcan.
- Vulcan (planet) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Vulcan (planet) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.