The Voth are an ancient civilization in the Delta Quadrant. Their culture dates back twenty million years and relies on strict adherence to Doctrine. Questioning Doctrine is considered heresy and punished harshly by the ruling Ministry of Elders. The Doctrine is called into question by scientists finding evidence for the Distant Origin Theory, which posits that the Voth evolved on Earth. Whether the Voth have a homeworld in the Delta Quadrant is currently unknown.
Voth are a humanoid reptiloid species that presumably descended from the Hadrosaurid Parasaurolophus, extinct on Earth since the Late Cretaceous era, roughly 75 to 65 million years ago. The Voth have retained the crest extending from the back of their head. Smaller Voth have shorter cranial crests than their bulkier counterparts. The largest Voth stand taller than most humanoids and rather compare with enormous Breen like Thot Trel, or the most massive Gorn Ra'wiq and Hodch. They also have the ability to deploy spines from their forearms which are laced with a paralytic toxin, though this ability is rarely used.
- Over 400 million years ago , Eryops, the last common ancestor of warm- and cold-blooded animals (and thus Humans and Voth) lives on Earth.
- ~75 million years ago, Parasaurolophus, the direct ancestor of the Voth, lives on Earth.
- By ~65 million years ago, the humanoid and intelligent Voth had evolved from the Parasaurolophus. In anticipation of a massive asteroid impact that would wipe out their civilization and all dinosaurs, they left Earth and took with them genetic samples of the soon-to-be extinct dinosaurs.
- The Voth had reached the Delta Quadrant by ~20 million years ago, which is as far back as their cultural identity stretches back. They soon developed the so called "Doctrine", their guiding principles, which specified that the Voth were the first lifeforms in the quadrant, and that they originated in that area of space. In addition, another clause declared that non-indigenous beings had no rights. Heresy against Doctrine was an arrestable and serious offense.
- Some time after that, the Voth broke the transwarp threshold. The Doctrine proclaimed this new technology to be dangerous to Voth culture, so it was initially held back for millenia.
- In 2363, Professor Forra Gegen propounds his "Distant Origin Theory", contending that the Voth originated on a far away world and thereby contradicting the Doctrine.
- In 2373, Gegen and his assistant Tova Veer are able to prove their theory by comparing Voth genes with genetic samples extracted from the remains of a crewmember of the U.S.S. Voyager. Although they even "extract" a live Human from the Voyager and present it to the Voth Ministry of Elders, Gegen's work is banned as heresy.
- In 2409, the Voth discover the Solanae Dyson Sphere and attempt to claim it as their own, but encounter resistance from an alliance of Starfleet, KDF, and Romulan Republic forces, leading to armed conflict between the two groups.
- According to real world-science, the genus Eryops lived ~300 million years ago.
- “Secure Voth Points”: Commander Arnold sends the player into the Battlezone to capture points in the City, Park or Outskirts.
- “Defeat Voth in the Battlezone”: Commander Arnold asks the player to assist with weakening Voth forces.
- “A Step Between Stars”: Players assist Rear Admiral Tuvok in preventing the Voth from taking control of a vital installation near the central star of the Solanae Dyson Sphere.
- “Fluidic Destruction”: The Voth attack the players in the Undine Battlezone after the defeat of the Undine planet killers.
- “Revelations”: The player battles scouting elements of a Voth battle group, but then allies with the Voth in defense of the Turei homeworld against the Vaadwaur.
- “Alliances”: The Voth fail to respond to a distress signal from the Turei after a second Vaadwaur invasion attempt, prompting the Turei to join the Delta Alliance.
- “Borg Disconnected”: A Voth Fortress Ship transports Voth forces into the fray, engaging the players, Borg, and Undine alike.
- Season 8 Dev Blog #4 - Designing the Voth
- Season 8 Dev Blog #5 - Designing the Voth's Ships
- Season 8 Dev Blog #6 - Designing the Voth Ground Combat Experience
- Season 8 Dev Blog #7 - Designing the Voth Space Combat Experience
- Voth at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Ministry of Elders at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Voth Doctrine at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Distant Origin Theory at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Voth at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar|