The Vorta are a humanoid species genetically engineered by the Founders of the Dominion to act as field commanders, administrators, scientists and diplomats. The Vorta see themselves as those who "serve the Founders."
Vorta are typically clones of early 'versions' of themselves and serve the Founders in roles of importance such as commanders and diplomats. Vorta are similar to Humans except mainly for their ears and eyes. They have long vented ears which increases their hearing ability above that of regular humanoids. Their eyes are typically poor in terms of sight, and are normally purple in colour. Vorta are commonly seen commanding squads of Jem'Hadar.
The Vorta believe, perhaps apocryphally, that they previously existed as small, timid, ape-like creatures living in hollowed-out trees to avoid the many predators on their homeworld. A group of Vorta hid a Changeling from an angry mob, and in return the Changeling promised that one day they would be transformed and placed at the head of a vast interstellar empire. The Founders fulfilled this promise by genetically changing the Vorta into humanoids and employing them at the highest level of the Dominion.
In the popular character customisation video released by Cryptic Studios for Star Trek Online a Vorta female was seen wearing a Starfleet uniform. Contrary to this however Vorta are not a playable race in the game however players are able to create Vorta by using the unknown species option (use "Vented" ears).
The Vorta do not have vessels of their own, instead they are commanders on Jem'Hadar ships.
 Missions involved
- “Rapier”: The captured Federation starship U.S.S. Rapier is under the command of the Vorta Eraun. When his Jem'Hadar guards are overcome he becomes submissive, fearing that the Founders may not create another clone of him for his failure.
- “Second Wave”: The Vorta Loriss represents the Dominion forces which were lost in the Bajoran Wormhole in 2374 and reemerge during the mission.
- “Operation Gamma”: The player must bypass the Jem'Hadar blockade to enter the Gamma Quadrant and make contact with the Vorta Eraun.
 Duty officers
- Vorta at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Vorta at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Star Trek Online Character Creation video at YouTube.
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar|