The Vorta are a humanoid species genetically engineered by the Founders of the Dominion to act as field commanders, administrators, scientists and diplomats. The Vorta see themselves as those who "serve the Founders."
Biology[edit | edit source]
Vorta are typically clones of early 'versions' of themselves and serve the Founders in roles of importance such as commanders and diplomats. Vorta are similar to Humans except mainly for their ears and eyes. They have long vented ears which increases their hearing ability above that of regular humanoids. Their eyes are typically poor in terms of sight, and are normally purple in colour. Vorta are commonly seen commanding squads of Jem'Hadar.
Society[edit | edit source]
The Vorta believe, perhaps apocryphally, that they previously existed as small, timid, ape-like creatures living in hollowed-out trees to avoid the many predators on their homeworld. A group of Vorta hid a Changeling from an angry mob, and in return the Changeling promised that one day they would be transformed and placed at the head of a vast interstellar empire. The Founders fulfilled this promise by genetically changing the Vorta into humanoids and employing them at the highest level of the Dominion.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “The Factory”: The player assaults a Ketracel White factory in the Devos System and meets Neman, a Vorta scientist there. Neman explains that Laas has gathered up the remaining Founders that had been sent to the Alpha Quadrant and deceived them into believing that the Great Link had been destroyed and that the "solids" were bent on exterminating the remaining Changelings. He agrees to help the player in exposing Laas' deception, on the condition that the player does not kill or capture him.
- “The New Link”: Neman discovers Laas and the other Alpha Quadrant Founders are on Orias III and accompanies the player to explain to the Founders that Laas has misled them. After the player defeats Laas, Neman opts to remain on the planet and serve the Founders there.
- “Second Wave”: The Vorta Loriss represents the Dominion forces which were lost in the Bajoran Wormhole in 2374 and reemerge during the mission.
- “Of Bajor”: Captain James Kurland and the player hail Loriss from Bajor and attempt to convince her that the Dominion War is over and to relinquish control of Deep Space 9.
- “Operation Gamma”: The player must bypass the Jem'Hadar blockade to enter the Gamma Quadrant and make contact with the Vorta Eraun.
- “Facility 4028”: Eraun accompanies the player to Facility 4028 to retrieve the Female Changeling being held there.
- “Boldly They Rode”: Eraun accompanies the player to DS9 to negotiate the return of the station to the Federation. Loriss immediately complies when she sees the Founder, but her Jem'Hadar soldiers rebel against her. After the player defeats the Jem'Hadar, Loriss expresses her gratitude for the player's efforts.
- “Butterfly”: In a holodeck simulation of changes to the timeline resulting from the use of the Krenim temporal weapon, the player finds themselves on the bridge of a crippled U.S.S. Ajax in the midst of a Dominion invasion of the Sol System, a female Vorta commanding a Jem'Hadar warship demanding that the crew of the Ajax surrender.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Duty officers[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Vorta at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Vorta at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Star Trek Online Character Creation video at YouTube.
True Way Alliance
|Details||True Way Alliance • Cardassian • Alpha Jem'Hadar • Vorta • Changeling • Devos System • New Link • Orias III|
|Ground Forces||Gil • Glinn • Jem'Hadar Soldier • Gul • Jem'Hadar Veteran • Interrogator • Jem'Hadar Elder • Legate • Assault Legate • Founder|
|Starships||Hideki Class • Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (Mob) • Galor Class • Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort • Keldon Class • Jem'Hadar Battleship • Jem'Hadar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Haneri • Kardek • Laas • Lamat'Ukan • Madred • Makkan • Mutak • Neman|
|NPC starships||Axon • Grenivok • Kriger • Torhne|