The Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer is an Admiral (Tier 5) level Federation Science Vessel. The Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer Science Vessel is one of the most advanced line of Federation scientific starships in all of Starfleet. Mulit-Mission Explorer science vessels evolved from the Vesta line of starships. One notable vessel is the U.S.S. Aventine which served as a test bed for future ship advancements such as the Quantum Slipstream Drive. These vessels are quite powerful and equipped with the latest technology Starfleet has to offer.
 Vesta class
Starfleet's first Multi-Mission Explorer, the Vesta class entered service in 2380. Since then, these ships have more than proven themselves in combat and exploration alike.
 Aventine class
Named after the Vesta class vessel U.S.S. Aventine, the Aventine class has a sharper saucer and its pylons are angled forward These features give the ship a more sleek profile than the original Vesta. The Aventine class skin is unlocked with the purchase of the Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer for 2500 .
 Rademaker class
The Rademaker class is a loose hybrid between the Vesta and Aventine classes, sporting a more oval saucer and the largest nacelles. The shuttle bay launch area is wider and illuminated and appears to be covered by a force field. The Rademaker class skin is unlocked with the purchase of the Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer for 2500 .
 Comparison with Equivalent Variants
|3 2 5||Consoles||3 3 4||4 2 4||2 3 4|
 Standard Configuration
Federation starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
Multi-Mission Explorer Science vessels come with built-in abilities. These abilities do not automatically rank up when acquiring higher tier Science starships and must be gained through Tactical Space Bridge officer abilities.
- Launch Danube Runabouts
- Carrier Command - Attack
- Carrier Command - Escort
- Carrier Command - Intercept
- Carrier Command - Recall
- Beam Target Auxiliary Subsystems I
- Beam Target Weapons Subsystems I
- Beam Target Engines Subsystems I
- Beam Target Shields Subsystems I
- Sensor Analysis
After activating a subsystem targeting ability, the player will have 30 seconds to attack an enemy ship with any form of beam weapon. The attack will lower power to that system, and have a small chance of completely taking the system offline. If the system is taken offline it renders all abilities that use that subsystem temporarily inert. For example, if you target the shields and subsequently take them offline, then all of the enemies shield facings will go down.
The Sensor Analysis passive ability grants the player a stacking damage bonus of 3.33% per minute against a single target whilst the player maintains target lock on an enemy. Once the player switches targets the bonus is reset.
- This ship is included as a part of a set of 3 in the C-Store called the Vesta Pack for 5000.
- The included exclusive consoles available on each Multi-Mission Science Vessel are a part of a set of 3 can be put on one Multi-Mission Science Vessel. Once combined, this set gives access to the Quantum Focused Shield Bubble ability.
- Each Multi-Mission Science Vessel includes one variant skin. Buying all three Multi-Mission Science Vessels grants access to those skins in the ship customization window.
- The Rademaker class variant is loosely based on the Aventine MKII prototype design by Mark Rademaker which utilizes the Galaxy (Exploration Cruiser) style upswept pylons.
- The Aventine class variant is based on the Star Trek: Voyager: Full Circle Esquiline & Quirinal Rademaker concept in which the pylons are swept forward.
- The Vesta class is the original finalized U.S.S. Aventine design used in the Star Trek: Destiny novels translated to Star Trek Online.