- Not to be confused with the Veyga System.
System Description[edit | edit source]
The Vega System was one of the earliest star systems to be colonized by Humans after the development of space flight, and the colony on Vega IX has been a key point on trade routes since the 22nd century.
With the automation of Vega IX's massive cargo depots in the mid-23rd century, the planet's population turned from industrial concerns to other pursuits. One of these is the exploration of Deltan ruins on the planet that may be able to tell Federation archeaologists much about early space exploration.
More than 2.8 million Federation citizens currently reside on Vega IX, many in smaller settlements spread across the temperate zone. Vega IX is proud to send more than a dozen of its young people to Starfleet Academy each year.
Missions Involved[edit | edit source]
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: The player has to warn Vega Colony of an impending Borg invasion. After the Borg start to swarm the system, the player has to fight them off while evacuating as many colonists as possible. Eventually, the Vega System has to be abandoned to the Borg for the time being.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: Via a time vortex in the Quadra Sigma System, the Borg travel back in time to influence the events which have taken place during their initial assimilation of Vega Colony.
- “Khitomer in Stasis”: In an underground facility on Vega IX, the player has to destroy Isolinear Molecular Reconverters that the Borg can use to instantly assimilate any life-form.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite having been the location of the Federation tutorial before, the Vega System had not been added to the galaxy map until November 12, 2013 (release of Season Eight: The Sphere), when it was put in the Risa Sector (then part of the Sirius Sector Block).
- Although the canonical location of Vega (Alpha Lyrae) on a 2D-projected galaxy map would be in the Alpha Quadrant, at the border between the Denobula- and Tellar Sectors, Star Trek Online puts it in the Risa Sector. This misplacement was a conscious decision, in order to simplify travel from Vega to the Pollux System for fresh players of the Federation tutorial.
- According to Christine "Kestral" Thompson's STO short stories in Star Trek Magazine, Captain Va'Kel Shon is from Vega and his family was presumed dead or assimilated by the Borg.