System Description
The Vega System was one of the earliest star systems to be colonized by Humans after the development of space flight, and the colony on Vega IX has been a key point on trade routes since the 22nd century.
With the automation of Vega IX's massive cargo depots in the mid-23rd century, the planet's population turned from industrial concerns to other pursuits. One of these is the exploration of Deltan ruins on the planet that may be able to tell Federation archeaologists much about early space exploration.
More than 2.8 million Federation citizens currently reside on Vega IX, many in smaller settlements spread across the temperate zone. Vega IX is proud to send more than a dozen of its young people to Starfleet Academy each year.
 Missions Involved
- “Prelude to a Crisis”: The Borg attack Vega Colony.
- “The Price of Liberty”: The player helps the U.S.S. Seacole to rescue survivors after a battle in this System.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: The Borg attempt to travel back in time to influence the events which have taken place during their first attack on the Vega System.
- “Khitomer in Stasis”: In an underground facility on Vega IX, the player has to destroy Isolinear Molecular Reconverters that the Borg can use to instantly assimilate any life-form.
- As part of the new Starfleet Tutorial, the System has been added on November 12, 2013 (release of Season Eight: The Sphere) to the space map.
- Despite being visited in the old Starfleet Tutorial, and referenced later in-game, the system wasn't designated on space maps before.
- Being used as location for “Khitomer in Stasis”, and referenced in “Khitomer Vortex”, the system is actually not an access point. Both missions are accessed through the PvE Queue, or the original access point Quadra Sigma System in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block.
- The system marker on the space map is located just slightly "south" of the border between the Risa Sector and the Orion Sector.
There are no anomalies in this system.