From Star Trek Online Wiki
- Captain Shon is from Vega Colony and his family is presumed dead or assimilated by the Borg. 
- He has faced the Borg Collective in battle before.
- Shon has taught in the Academy and worked as a liaison to the Romulans after the destruction of Romulus in 2387.
- He has served in Starfleet for twenty-three years by 2409, mostly as a tactical officer.
- On Stardate 86927.78 (2409), the Belfast discovers an abandoned Jem'Hadar vessel in the Enocha System while on a routine patrol. The origin of the decades old ship remains a mystery to the crew, which boards and secures the ship. Shon himself visits the ghost ship. 
- Before the return of the Dominion fleet in 2409, Belfast has not been to a Starbase in a month.
- “Devil's Choice”: The Belfast under Cpt. Shon is part of a joint Starfleet/KDF fleet aiding the Romulan Republic in repelling an Elachi invasion of the New Romulus System.
- “Second Wave”: Captain Shon is the representative of Starfleet at the Borg conference on DS9. He offers Federation players three Duty Officer assignments to help with the maintenance of the Belfast. During the conference Shon makes his opinion clear but is evacuated during the battle with "The 2,800" - old Jem'Hadar forces that suddenly emerged from the Bajoran wormhole. The Belfast then aids the player in engaging the incoming enemy fleet.
- “Facility 4028”: When the rogue Jem'Hadar attack Facility 4028 in an attempt to capture the Female Changeling, Shon leads a small task force to defend the player's vessel. The Belfast is destroyed during the ensuing battle, but Shon and some of the crew escape.
- “Boldly They Rode”: The Enterprise-F, commanded by Captain Shon, arrives to help defeat the Dominion fleet at Deep Space Nine.
- “First Contact Day”: The player visits the bridge of the Enterprise at Utopia Planitia and meets with Va'Kel Shon and the rest of his crew.
- “Tau Dewa Sector Patrol (Daily)” (FED): Captain Shon will occasionally show up in the Enterprise to assist Federation players in combat in the various systems in the Tau Dewa Sector Block.
- “Temporal Ambassador”: In an alternate timeline, Shon is a laborer working for the Tholian Assembly at a base in the Azure Nebula. He commands a freighter called the Belfast, making freight runs for the Tholians. He provides a distraction for Federation players to sneak past a Tholian guard.
- “Sphere of Influence”: Captain Shon is part of a Federation delegation sent to New Romulus to oversee the activation of a recently-restored Iconian gateway.
- “A Step Between Stars”: The Enterprise under Captain Shon assists Romulan Republic and Klingon players in the Jenolan Dyson Sphere against the Undine. After the immediate threat is over, Captain Shon wants to claim the Jenolan Sphere for the Federation, provoking a verbal confrontation between the three powers.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, Rear Admiral Tuvok asks the player to assist in the organization of a conference of major Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers on the future of the Jenolan Dyson Sphere. Captain Shon accompanies the player to the talks, which are, however, cut short by an Undine surprise attack on the Sol and Qo'noS Systems. After joint Federation-Klingon-Romulan forces including the Enterprise prevailed, Captain Shon participates in a subsequent gathering in the Great Hall of the Klingon High Council, agreeing to establish a cease-fire between the Klingon Empire and the Federation.
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- Christine "Kestral" Thompson's STO short story in Star Trek Magazine
- Season 5 Dev Diary #6