OOeyes (User talk:OOeyes)
 Problems with cursor showing during edit
When I go to edit a page, the cursor shows; but, after I've clicked on an area to edit, my cursor disappears. I've looked for a setting or something in preferences, but find nothing that appears related.
While adding text to this new section, the cursor worked fine. It seems only to occur when editing previously typed text that the cursor disappears.
Can you help? Any ideas?
When I went to edit this... as I am writing this. I noticed that moving around with my arrow keys - like to move to the line above, or righarrow to letter after next, or ctrl-rightarrow to edit a couple of words later, or clicking text within the body, the cursor to disappears. Highlighting (Shift-arrowkey) works; but, the cursor only appears because the highlight shows. Also, as long as I'm at the end of an article, or typing the cursor appears. If I delete, the cursor will blink on, then off as I delete. ex: on - del - off - del - on - del - off... etc. It's like mouse click, or movement with the arrow, or delete keys toggle the cursor off, but regular typing, toggles it on. Note: Mouse click has a specifically odd behavior in that the cursor continues to display at the original position until I start to type. So, if I click on an edit area, I can't see it. If I arrow cursor move, I can't see it; but, the moment I hit a key which adds text, it appears where the cursor should have been but didn't display.
Sorry for the redundancy; but, I want to ensure as much as possible that I'm clear and specific on the behavior. This really makes editing rough, as the only way to see the cursor is to type something, which means I have to type, then delete something to find I'm in the wrong location. Mousing to an edit spot works and one has to accept on blind faith that the cursor is located where one clicked.
--Cyberchipz (User:Cyberchipz) 16:37, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- I've seen that before, but only as temporary glitchy behavior. (And it usually happens on other sites when I've seen it, too, so seems to be a client-side problem.) I don't know why it happens, and I have no idea why enabling the toolbar fixed it for you. Glad it to hear that it is fixed, though. — Eyes 23:53, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, it might be easier to understand... When I said I toggled, I meant I double toggled. The 'Show edit toolbar' was true, I toggled False, then True again, thus resetting the Flag, and/or requirement/settings for the Wiki Engine. So, I'm guessing that for some reason the server side settings had gotten glitched, and my toggling turned off, then on again for a fix. But, we're on a new server now, and the issue may never show again. But, if I said in my life I've never had to flip states, toggle, toggle, in order to fix an issue I'd be lying big time. Microsoft is so bad at it, one often has to flip state (uninstall/reinstall) a program to fix it. So in a binary system, this seems to be a fairly common issue. eh? ::BTW, it looks like the move is going well. How about the restoration of my old Talk & User_Talk pages, will that be coming along anytime? --Cyberchipz (User:Cyberchip) (talk) 06:24, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- The user and user talk pages aren't automatically moved, but they remain where they were last located. Since you already recreated the user page, you'll probably just have to copy/paste the contents over. Otherwise, they could have been moved.
- You can put #REDIRECT [[User:Cyberchip]] on the old userpage and #REDIRECT [[User talk:Cyberchip]] on the old talk page to redirect to your new pages.
- The old wiki editor was just an ordinary browser text box, so I don't see a way for anything server-side to affect. I believe the "fix" was just coincidental or just happened to reset something in your browser as a side effect to resolve the issue. It's hard to pin down the true cause of these things. — oOeyes 06:51, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
 Can't Edit My Foundry Mission Page
I'm trying to edit the page for my Foundry Mission, Foundry:Welcome To The 10th Fleet (ST-HJ25F69UR) but it's saying "You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: You do not have permission to edit pages in the Foundry namespace.". There have been big changes to the mission in the past two weeks, and now apparently I have no way of reflecting those changes on the page I wrote! JHawk1128 (talk) 19:10, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, I thought the configuration had been updated to fix this. I have a request in to get this changed. — oOeyes 03:55, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
- Any idea how long this will take to be fixed? Still not able to edit the page. — JHawk1128 (talk) 02:18, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
 Tweaking mission template
How the frak am I supposed to solve the stupid cat/dog thing if its a blank box? It's annoying enough that any/all templates used on the assignment pages are recognized as external links but not being able to solve that thing is a deal breaker. --Dukedom (User:Dukedom) (talk) 12:40, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Odd, shouldn't be triggering on registered users anyway. I tried to replicate this problem, but the captcha worked for me. What browser and version were you using, and were you using anything like NoScript that would block the Asirra service? Meanwhile, I'll get why it's triggering for registered users investigated. — oOeyes 18:26, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- If it isn't supposed to be triggering on registered users, then I had the exact same problem when I tried to start the Warp Core article. Which was a hilarious bit of annoyance when you deleted the page while I was writing it. Fortunately page back, copy all and it's all good. But I was surprised by having to find all the bloody cats, especially since the captcha obviously didn't know which ones were cats itself :P — Rayfire 18:43, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- This isn't the only wiki I've seen this encountered on, and it was a weird case there too as the configuration had a line extending skipcaptcha rights to registered users. Somehow, though, this was being ignored or overridden, and it might be the same case here. We'll get it sorted out, though. — oOeyes 21:15, 23 May 2013 (UTC)