The U.S.S. Defiant (formerly U.S.S. Sao Paulo) is a Defiant-class Escort and the successor to the prototype that was originally launched in 2370 under the command of Commander Benjamin Sisko, then-commanding officer of Deep Space 9. The prototype fought in the Dominion War and was eventually destroyed at the Second Battle of Chin'toka, after which the U.S.S. Sao Paulo was renamed and redeployed at DS9 shortly after its creation in 2375 in honor of the Defiant.
In 2409, James Kurland is in command of DS9 and the Defiant.
- 2370: The original U.S.S. Defiant is launched from Antares Ship Yards but mothballed at Deep Space Nine due to design flaws. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- 2371: The Defiant is pulled out of storage in response to the Dominion Threat. Miles O'Brien managed to work around the flaws and make the Defiant much more defensible.
- 2373: The Defiant, under the command of Lt. Commander Worf, is among the Starfleet vessels that engage a Borg Cube invading Sector 001. The Defiant is severely damaged; her engines, weapons, and life support diasbled, the survivors rescued by the U.S.S. Enterprise-E. The Defiant is repaired and returned to service after the Borg are defeated.
- 2375: The Defiant is destroyed in the Second Battle of Chin'toka.
- 2403: James Kurland is assigned to DS9, and takes command of the Defiant as well.
- By 2409 the Defiant is still in service, and still assigned to DS9.
on the bridge of the Defiant
- Captain Benjamin Sisko - (2371-2375)
- Captain James Kurland (2403-2409)
- First Officer Kira Nerys - (2371-2375)
- General Worf (2372-2375)
- Lt. Commander Julian Bashir - (2371-2375)
- Commander Nog - (2374-2375)
 Missions involved
- Before "The 2800", the Defiant in the Minos Korva System had the registry NCC-75633-C.
 External links