Efficient is an in-game bridge officer trait.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Game Description: Provides a bonus to efficiency stats, improving the effectiveness of many of your power management.
- Species that will always have the trait: None
- Species that might have the trait: Lethean, Liberated Borg, Saurian
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Efficient increases a system's power levels more when at lower power settings, based on the following formula:
SystemPowerBonus = (SystemEfficiency/533.333...) x (75 - SystemPowerLevel)(outdated)(corrected 10/8/2013
Where SystemEfficiency is the value from the skill Starship Warp Efficiency and SystemPowerLevel is the setting you select (i.e. 25, 50, 75, 100).
For example, if you have an efficient captain (+10 efficiency to all systems), an efficient bridge officer (+5 efficiency to all systems), and have maxed out Starship Warp Efficiency (+99 efficiency to all systems) you would see:
SystemPowerBonus = (114/533.333..) x (75 - SystemPowerLevel) at 15 power: +12.825 power at 45 power: +6.4125 power at 75 power: +0 power
Thus, the most economical use is where you typically have low power settings as there is no effect once you're at a power setting of 75 or greater.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
|+5 Starship Shield Efficiency|
+5 Starship Engine Efficiency
+5 Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency
+5 Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency
Stacking[edit | edit source]
This trait stacks with both the player trait Efficient Captain and additional bridge officers with Efficient.
Notes & References[edit | edit source]
- Previous to the July 28th, 2011 Patch only Saurians had the chance to receive this trait.
- Lethean bridge officers were added to the game with Season 5.