In general two kinds of Training Manuals exist:
1) Manuals for a single ability ( , , , or ; depending on the kind and rank of the ability), and
2) Specialization Qualifications ( ) for a Bridge Officer Specialization (granting 4 space + 4 ground abilities).
Training Manuals can be acquired through various means:
- Bridge Officer Trainers at various hubs sell Training Manuals for energy credits:
(250 for Ensign; 2,000 for Lt.; 5,000 for Lt. Cmdr.; 10,000 for Cmdr. abilities)
- A Bridge Officer candidate can be "converted" into a single Training Manual of an ability the officer possessed.
- A selection of manuals, which depends on your career path and skill point allocation, can be crafted by the player. These kinds of manuals belong to the Officer Training School and always require a PADD, and sometimes EC , as "ingredient".
- Players can offer any Training Manual or Specialization Qualification they craft on the exchange.
- On very rare occasions, missions reward Specialization Qualifications or bridge officers already trained in a specialization: