Means of Time Travel[edit | edit source]
The powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants have encountered numerous methods of time travel: Examples are the so-called "Slingshot Effect"; Borg technology; Krenim technology; Devidian portals; wormholes; black holes; red matter; the powers of alien entities such as the Guardian of Forever, the Prophets or Q.
History[edit | edit source]
22nd to 24th Century[edit | edit source]
Several time travel incidents were reported during the 23rd Century. Many of those involved the U.S.S. Enterprise. Since at least 2268, the Federation had the means to travel through time, though they were still inaccurate and dangerous.
25th Century[edit | edit source]
The year 2409 is notable for many time travel incidents. Those events are related to the Federation-Klingon War, recent Borg incursions, the reappearance of Q, the return of The 2800, as well as the Devidian incursion into our dimension. Several major factions have developed agencies to monitor time travel; the Federation uses the Department of Temporal Investigations for this purpose, while the Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic have Temporal Intelligence and Romulan Temporal Defense, respectively.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Graduation Day”, “End of Watch”, “A Day in the Sun” (Delta Recruits only)
- The player encounters their future self from 18 months ahead. They warn the player of the approaching Iconian War and give the player a Tesseract Communications Receiver before returning to the future.
- “Past Imperfect”
- The player encounters the U.S.S. Enterprise in the year 2270 by traveling through the Guardian of Forever.
- “Everything Old is New”
- The player travels to Drozana Station in the year 2265 via a Devidian Portal.
- “Night of the Comet”
- The player travels to the year 2265 with a Slingshot maneuver in order to destroy Driffen's Comet.
- “Second Wave”
- 2,800 Dominion ships come through the Bajoran wormhole after they disappeared in the year 2374.
- “Khitomer Accord”
- The player has to stop a Borg timeline incursion on the assault on Vega Colony in 2409.
- “Cold Storage”(Delta Recruits only)
- 18 months after meeting their future self, the player is sent back in time to complete the cycle of events by warning their past self of the approaching Iconian War and giving their past self a Tesseract Communications Receiver. The player then returns to the present.
- The player travels back 200,000 years to the day that the Iconians are forced from their homeworld, with the purpose of wiping out any survivors. Instead, the player saves 12 Iconians and returns to the present, returning the World Heart to them.
- Kal Dano, the Tholians use the Tox Uthat on the star of the Na'kuhl System. Dano and the player subsequently retrieve the device from the Tholian flagship and travel back the 22nd Century where they hide it in a cave on Risa. After returning to 2410, Kal Dano vanishes into a time vortex during a renewed fight against the Tholians in the Na'kuhl System when his Timeship is damaged. He sends a temporal distress call before entering the vortex which prompts the U.S.S. Pastak to arrive from the 29th Century and investigate. After Captain Walker invites the player to the Pastak's bridge, they manage to retrieve Kal Dano's decayed corpse and Timeship, which had traveled back to the early 22nd Century where, a few decades later, the crew of the Enterprise (NX-01) inadvertently activated the Timeship's temporal distress beacon, causing it to automatically travel back to 2410.
Ambiguous cases[edit | edit source]
- “Time in a Bottle”
- Kyana Prime, the last Krenim holdout, is concealed from the Vaadwaur as well as the Heralds, within a time pocket that renders the colony out of sync with normal space-time, thereby making it undetectable.
- The K.I.S. Annorax performs a temporal incursion causing the U.S.S. Yamato not to rediscover Iconia in 2365 which inadvertently results in a reality where the Borg have assimilated Romulus by 2390.
References to time travel[edit | edit source]
- “The Doomsday Device”
- It is revealed that the Na'kuhl prophecised the appearance of the Doomsday Machine to the Klingon Empire in the 22nd Century.
- “First Contact Day”
- Several Crew members of the Enterprise-F mention the events of 2063 and the time travel that was involved in the First Contact between Humans and Vulcans.
- “Temporal Ambassador”
- The Enterprise-C, which was sent from 2366 (following the events of "Yesterday's Enterprise") to go back to the Battle of Narendra III in 2344, accidentally ends up in 2409, resulting in a vastly altered Alpha Quadrant in which Earth is destroyed and Starfleet is a memory. The 29th Century timeship U.S.S. Pastak makes an appearance to help set things right.
- The Tholians lure Kal Dano to the present from the 31st Century by destabilizing the Lukari star, planning to steel the Tox Uthat. Kal Dano loses the Tox Uthat to the Tholians after repairing the damage to the star, telling the player that these events are tied into the Temporal Cold War.
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
2390 • 2391 • 2392 • 2393 • 2394 • 2395 • 2396 • 2397 • 2398 • 2399
2400 • 2401 • 2402 • 2403 • 2404 • 2405 • 2406 • 2407 • 2408 • 2409