Adding Rank?
Below is a modified version of the templates, to incorporate the minimum rank. It's slightly taller, leaves room for shuttles (and eventually fighters) which are minimum rank, and makes it less cluttered. --MatthewM (User:MatthewM) 12:14, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Looks good. (It's early. The bowl of McDonald's oatmeal in front of me looks good.) The shuttles are min rank also I believe though. --Drmike 12:23, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- This does look good, but I'd rather split it by tier than by minimum rank. I tried to do this myself initially, but it just ended up with too much blank space. --Zutty 13:45, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Considering tier follows rank 1:1 until Admiral/General, this may be more useful to players. Someone at level 41 may wonder why its not possible for them to fly a retrofit Intrepid, for example. It seems unlikely that they'll add a 6th tier anytime soon, but with the addition of two ranks later this year there may be more ships at say, Fleet Admiral, becoming a reality. Additionally, there may be some people who don't understand the ship tier structure but they are quite aware of what rank they are. --MatthewM (User:MatthewM) 16:39, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
I'm puzzled if the Marauder Patrol Cruiser shouldn't be placed in with the Battle Cruisers. Apart from its fighters at 25% health, it seems to fall in line with the other battle cruisers. Plus moving it, would allow the template to be change from a generic "Other" category to a Support category. Curmudgeony (User:Curmudgeony) 18:26, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
 Federation fith rank no icon
The federation fifth rank has no icon! -- The previous unsigned comment was made by User: 18.104.22.168.
- Fifth rank? Do you mean a Fleet Admiral (5 pips) icon? --Markonian 15:37, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, crap. I forgot about this. This is an issue with the AdBlock extension for Firefox and the unfortunate choice of filename for that particular image. It's there; it's just getting blocked. I'll work on renaming it and getting all the links updated shortly. — Eyes 19:21, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
 Preparation for Fleet and other Refit ships
Given that Season 6 is going to bring about a tonne of Fleet and Refit variants of existing ships, is it worth switching from the existing setup to the below (pretend the ranks are links to individual ship pages)? Ignore that a couple of ranks are wrong - this is just a mockup. Also, "Refit" and "Fleet" variants would have a colour difference:
|Type-8 • Type-10 • Class F • Danube Class • Yellowstone Class • Delta Class • Captain's Yacht • Tal'Kyr • Peregrine Fighter • Stalker Fighter|
--Walshicus 19:49, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not a fan of the aesthetics. I'd need to see just how crowded things get with the Season 6 ships though. --MatthewM (User:MatthewM) 21:45, 1 July 2012 (UTC)