History[edit | edit source]
Spock was born in 2230, as son of renown Vulcan diplomat Sarek and his Human wife Amanda Grayson. In 2249 Spock decided against studying at the Vulcan Science Academy, pursuing a career in Starfleet instead.
By 2254 he was assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise. Spock would go on to become the longest serving officer aboard the Enterprise - serving under the command of Captains Pike, Kirk and Decker until finally commanding the ship itself during the 2280s. He would go on to serve on the Enterprise-A until its decommission.
In 2368 Spock supported a movement on Romulus to reunite the Vulcan and Romulan people. D'Tan was among those he instructed. In 2387 Spock disappeared shortly after the Hobus supernova and the destruction of Romulus.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Past Imperfect”: Spock is in command of the Enterprise in 2270. He decides not to get involved too much with the time travel events of the episode.
- “Diplomatic Orders”: Reward only. The player can choose the Data Recorder as an optional reward. The item enables the player to re-listen to the descriptions of the sector blocks, which are narrated by Spock.
- “Empress Sela”: Sela listens to a recording of Spock describing his failed attempts to prevent the destruction of the Romulan homeworld.
- “Hidden Camera”: D'Tan refers to Spock's instructions during his negotiations with Subcommander Khiana.
- “Secret Shuttle Codes”: Khiana informs Commander Ruul that D'Tan "worships the Vulcan's memory", and cannot be persuaded to make a deal with the Tal Shiar.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spock's voice is provided by Leonard Nimoy, who also portrayed the character on screen.
- Spock's disappearance in 2387 is explained in the 2009 movie Star Trek, where it is revealed that he ended up in an alternate universe. However, as Cryptic's Star Trek license only pertains to all the previous movies and shows owned by CBS, his whereabouts are left a mystery in the game.
- Spock was the first main character of The Original Series to appear in Star Trek Online. However, during the initial release of “Past Imperfect” only his voice was heard and he never appeared on screen. This was changed with the release of Season 8.5 on 30 January, 2014.
- Spock narrates the opening cinematic, as well as the level-up congratulations for Federation players. With the exception of the Tau Dewa Sector Block and the Delta Quadrant Sectors, he also provides the narrations for all Alpha and Beta Quadrant sector blocks.
- After the death of Leonard Nimoy, the actor who portrayed Spock, memorial statues of Spock were erected on Vulcan and New Romulus. Black flags were also displayed on Earth Spacedock, First City, and New Romulus Command during a week of mourning from March 5 through 12, 2015.