Ship Shields are a type of starship equipment that protect your starship against energy-based attacks. There are four main types of ship shields, three of which come with their own unique advantage. there are also several special shields given as mission rewards:
- The [Shield Array] has balanced stats compared to the three below.
- The [Covariant Shield Array] has a 10% higher maximum capacity, but 25% slower regeneration rate.
- The [Regenerative Shield Array] has a 25% faster regeneration rate, but 10% lower maximum capacity.
- The [Resilient Shield Array] has 5% lower capacity and regeneration, but allows for 5% absorption and 5% bleedthrough, as opposed to the normal 10% bleedthrough.
- The [Paratrinic Shield Array] is a special mission reward that gives an even larger boost in maximum capacity than the Covariant Shield Array (43% more than standard), but at a significantly lower regeneration (50% less than standard).
- The [Numiri Regenerative Shield Array] is a special mission reward that gives an even larger boost to regeneration than the regenerative shield array, but with a significantly lower max. capacity.
- The [Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array] is a special mission reward. This particular variant of Covariant Shield Array is directly equivalent to a Covariant Shield Array [Cap]x2 of whatever Mk level that you acquire it at.
The space sets also include their own special shield component:
- [Aegis Covariant Shield Array] available via crafting
- [Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields] available from the “Cold Storage” mission in the Breen Front featured series
- [Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields] available from the “Boldly They Rode” mission in The 2800 featured series
- [Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array] available through the Special Task Force missions
- [Omega Force Shield Array] available through the Special Task Force missions
- [M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array] available through the Special Task Force missions
- [Honor Guard Shield Array] available through the Special Task Force missions
Some Ship Shields may have additional modifiers that either increase existing bonuses or add new ones. It is possible for a Ship Shields to have the same modifier more than once. The following are examples of Ship Shield modifiers.
- [Cap] increases Maximum Capacity by 10%
- [Reg] increases Shield Regeneration by 10%
- [Dis] reduces Disruptor Damage by 20%
- [Pha] reduces Phaser Damage by 20%
- [Pla] reduces Plasma Damage by 20%
- [Pol] reduces Polaron Damage by 20%
- [Tet] reduces Tetryon Damage by 20%
- [Ap] reduces Antiproton Damage by 20%
AnShip Shields will have one modifier suffix, will have two, and will have three. and can have multiples of the same suffix, and stacked suffixes are added together, not multiplied.