Ship Shields are a type of starship equipment that protect your starship against energy-based attacks. There are four main types of ship shields, three of which come with their own unique advantage, as well as several special shields given as mission rewards or purchased through the reputation system:
Types of Shield[edit | edit source]
Standard[edit | edit source]
- The [Shield Array] has balanced stats compared to the three below.
- The [Covariant Shield Array] has a 10% higher maximum capacity, but 25% slower regeneration rate.
- The [Regenerative Shield Array] has a 25% faster regeneration rate, but 10% lower maximum capacity.
- The [Resilient Shield Array] has 5% lower capacity and regeneration, but allows for 5% absorption and 5% bleedthrough, as opposed to the normal 10% bleedthrough.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Requires R&D Shields level 15
Mission Rewards[edit | edit source]
- The [Paratrinic Shield Array] is a special mission reward that gives an even larger boost in maximum capacity than the Covariant Shield Array (43% more than standard), but at a significantly lower regeneration (50% less than standard).
- The [Numiri Regenerative Shield Array] is a special mission reward that gives an even larger boost to regeneration than the regenerative shield array, but with a significantly lower max. capacity.
The following shields are part of a set and provide a visual effect:
- The [Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields] are available from “Cold Storage”, the final mission in the Breen Invasion episode arc, and provide 20% resistance to Polaron damage.
- [Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields] available from “Boldly They Rode”, the final mission in Cardassian Struggle episode arc
- [Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array] available from Coliseum, the ninth mission in the Romulan Mystery episode arc. This particular variant of Covariant Shield Array is directly equivalent to a Covariant Shield Array [Cap]x2 of whatever Mk level that you acquire it at. While initially not part of a set, selecting to Upgrade this shield from your inventory will make it part of the Advanced set available from the Romulan Reputation system (see below),
These shields are also set mission rewards but lack any visual appearance when equipping them:
- The [Kobali Regenerative Shield Array] is available from Dust to Dust, the final mission in the Delta Quadrant episode arc. It provides a boost to incoming hull heals.
- [Solanae Resilient Shield Array] available from A Step Between Stars, the seventh mission in the Solanae Dyson Sphere episode arc
- The [Quantum Phase Resilient Shield Array] is available from Stormbound, the second mission in the Future Proof episode arc. It provides a boost to incoming shield heals.
- [Sol Defense Covariant Shield Array] available from Midnight, the final mission in the Iconian War episode arc
Reputation Shields[edit | edit source]
Each reputation track requires tier 5 to purchase shields, and each shield gives unique visual when equipped or placed in the shield cosmetic shot.
- [Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array]
- [Omega Force Shield Array]
- [M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array]
- [Honor Guard Shield Array]
- [Counter-Command Covariant Shield Array]
- [Delta Alliance Unimatrix Shield Array]
- [Dyson Regenerative Shield Array]
- [Iconian Resistance Resilient Shield Array]
- [Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields]
- Reman Advanced Prototype Covariant Shield Array
- [Romulan Prototype Covariant Shield Array]
- [Terran Task Force Covariant Shield Array]
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
Some Ship Shields may have additional modifiers that either increase existing bonuses or add new ones. It is possible for a Ship Shields to have the same modifier more than once. The following are examples of Ship Shield modifiers.
- [Cap] increases Maximum Capacity by 10%
- [Reg] increases Shield Regeneration by 10%
- [Dis] reduces Disruptor Damage by 20%
- [Pha] reduces Phaser Damage by 20%
- [Pla] reduces Plasma Damage by 20%
- [Pol] reduces Polaron Damage by 20%
- [Tet] reduces Tetryon Damage by 20%
- [Ap] reduces Antiproton Damage by 20%
- [Amp] Amplifies incoming healing by 10%
- [Adapt] When your shields are hit, Adaptive Shielding gains one charge, increasing your Shields' resistance to the incoming damage type by 2% for 30 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times.
- [ResA] Reduces Phaser, Polaron and Tetryon damage to shields by 15%
- [ResB] Reduces Disruptor, Plasma and Antiproton damage to shields by 15%
AnShip Shields will have one modifier suffix, will have two, and will have three. and can have multiples of the same suffix, and stacked suffixes are added together, not multiplied.