The Scimitar-class Dreadnought is a massive dreadnought developed by the Remans and also used by the various Romulan factions since 2379. They are equipped with a wide range of disruptor weaponry, as well as a thalaron radiation weapon that does massive damage. Two variants of the Scimitar, the Falchion and Tulwar, are operated by the Romulan Republic beginning in 2409.
- Battle Cloak
- Cannon: Rapid Fire III
- Dispersal Pattern Beta III
- Thalaron Pulse
- Torpedo: High Yield
- Torpedo: Spread III
- Emergency Power to Shields III
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- “Cloak and Dagger”: Empress Sela's flagship, the I.R.W. Leahval, enters the Delta Corvi System to take Vrimek into custody.
- “Preemptive Strike”: The I.R.W. Decius leads a Romulan fleet against a Starfleet task force in the Rator System.
- “Cutting the Cord”: After the Tal Shiar's forces are defeated by the Reman Resistance in the Brea System, Sela arrives to take charge in the Leahval.
- “Fleet Alert”: The I.R.W. Jambiya, I.R.W. Kilij, I.R.W. Khopesh, I.R.W. Hook Saber, and I.R.W. Shamshir lead raids against Klingon and Federation starbases. Defeating all five earns the Romulan Siege Breaker accolade.
- “No Win Scenario”: In Combat Simulation 347, several Scimitar-class Dreadnoughts are among the Romulan forces attacking a Civilian Transport.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: An assimilated Scimitar-class, the I.R.W. Valdore, escapes through the temporal vortex for a final confrontation with the players.
- “Azure Nebula Rescue”: Several Falchion-class Dreadnoughts serving the Romulan Republic have been captured by the Tholian Assembly and must be liberated by the player.
- Scimitar-class vessels will occasionally spawn in Romulan and Reman deep space encounters, this is commonplace when at least 4 players are teamed together.
Vessels of the class
||Scimitar-class|| I.R.W. Decius|
I.R.W. Hook Saber
|Scimitar-class (assimilated)||I.R.W. Valdore|
- On July 2, 2013, the Scimitar-class was remodeled to match the playable version. The Falchion-class was added as well for the Romulan Republic, matching the playable version of that ship.
- The Scimitar, Tulwar and Falchion variants are all named after types of swords.
Firing the Thalaron Pulse, fore.
The I.R.W. Leahval's original appearance, used as the basis of the Falchion-class variant until the July 2, 2013 update.
Romulan Star Empire
|Details||Romulan Star Empire • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • S'harien Station • Tal Shiar|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Romulan Interrogator • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Romulan Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter (Mob) • T'varo Light Warbird (Mob) • Mogai Heavy Warbird (Mob) • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Charva • Janek • Taris • Tarsen • Teleb • Hakeev • Sela|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Decius • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval|
|Details||Reman Resistance • Reman • The Vault • Crateris • Remus • New Romulus • Vauthil Station|
|Ground Forces||Guard • Shadow Guard • Guard Elite • Shadow Guard Elite • Dark Shadow Guard Elite • Guard Commander • Guard Captain|
|Starships||Scorpion Fighter (Mob) • T'varo Light Warbird (Mob) • Dhelan Warbird (Mob) • Mogai Heavy Warbird (Mob) • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Haakona Advanced Warbird (Mob) • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Khiy • Obisek • Rashna • Slamek • Xionel|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Decimus • R.R.W. Llaisnen • Reman Scout • Rerik • Zdenia|