The personal Reputation System is a way for level 50-players to earn reputation with different factions or groups within Star Trek Online. Its general setup is similar to the Fleet Advancement System - By completing projects requiring faction-specific marks and various other resources, the player can advance through five tiers per faction, unlocking new items and abilities that are specific to that faction or group.
During the three hour-long Bonus Marks Event, the amount of all rewarded faction-specific marks is increased.
The Reputation System was added with Season 7 and can be accessed from the Character Status window (default keybind U). Unlike the Fleet Advancement System, a player does not need to be part of a fleet and it is a completely individual track.
 Available factions
- See also: List of Reputation System projects
With its debut as part of Season 7, the Reputation System came with two initial factions: the Romulan Republic and Task Force Omega. Legacy of Romulus brought the addition of the Nukara Strikeforce. With the release of Season Eight: The Sphere, the Dyson Sphere Joint Command was added. Season Nine: A New Accord introduced 8472 Counter-Command as fifth reputation system, and included a major overhaul of the previous reputation systems.
 8472 Counter-Command
8472 Counter-Command (aka Undine Reputation)
Projects mainly require Undine Marks granted by the following missions:
- Solanae Dyson Sphere - Undine Battlezone
- PvE Queue (Normal/Elite)
All space and ground equipment projects also require Isomorphic Injections obtained by completing PvE Queues or the Space Battlezone within the Dyson Sphere.
 Dyson Joint Command
The Dyson Joint Command is a task force jointly formed by the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic. Headquartered at the Dyson Sphere Joint Command, its mission is to explore the Solanae Dyson Sphere in the Delta Quadrant and to deal with the Omega particle threat brought by the Voth, who are occupying parts of the Dyson Sphere.
Projects mainly require Dyson Marks granted by the following missions:
Many missions in the sphere originally also rewarded a Dyson Joint Command Commendation , used on the large daily (20h) reputation project. With release of Season 9 on April 22, 2014 Commendation tokens were replaced by additional daily bonus Marks, with the large reputation project now requiring 30 Marks. All space and ground equipment projects also require Voth Cybernetic Implants obtained by completing Storming the Spire elite and completing the Ground Battle Zone within the Dyson Sphere.
 Nukara Strikeforce
Help the Nukara Strikeforce combat the ever present Tholian threat. Earn Nukara Marks by participating in missions and events that are focused on eliminating Tholians.
Projects require Nukara Marks granted by the following missions:
- Adventure zone: Tholian Incursion on Nukara Prime
- “Azure Nebula Rescue”
- “Crystalline Catastrophe”
- “The Vault: Ensnared”
- “Tholian Red Alert Event (Daily)”
Assist the colonization and restoration projects on and around New Romulus, the capital of the Romulan Republic. Earn Romulan Marks by participating in missions and events that take place on and near their new home planet in the Tau Dewa Sector Block.
Projects require Romulan Marks granted by the following missions:
- Adventure zone: New Romulus
- “Azure Nebula Rescue”
- “Defend Rh'Ihho Station”
- “Rhi Atmosphere Event”
- “Mine Trap”
- “The Vault: Ensnared”
- “Tau Dewa Sector Patrol (Daily)”
- “Tholian Red Alert Event (Daily)”
- “Vault Shuttle Event”
Task Force Omega is a cross-faction strike team dedicated to combating the ongoing threat of Borg invasions. Earn Omega Marks by participating in Special Task Forces (group-centric PvE queue events), the Borg Invasion of Defera and Borg Red Alerts.
Projects require Omega Marks granted by the following missions:
Unlocking Mark XII items also requires Borg Neural Processors. At least one and sometimes six or eleven Neural Processors are awarded per Elite STF run. They may also be rewarded from completion of normal difficulty STF missions on rare occasions.
The "Events faction" was added April 11, 2013. It serves as a means to distribute additional rewards for time-limited events via special reputation projects requiring items earned during those time spans.
- April 11 - May 2, 2013: Crystalline Catastrophe - [Crystal Shard] (rewarded reputation item)
- June 27 - August 15, 2013: Lohlunat Festival - [Risian Lohlunat Pearl] (rewarded reputation item)
- September 26 - October 21, 2013: Crystalline Catastrophe - [Crystal Shard] (rewarded reputation item)
- December 6, 2013 - January 16, 2014: Q's Winter Wonderland - [Autographed 8x10 Glossy Picture of Q] (rewarded reputation item)
- January 30 - February 27, 2014: 4 Years Anniversary Event - [Anniversary Qmendation] (rewarded reputation item)
- March 13 - April 7, 2014: Mirror Invasion Event - [Multidimensional Transporter Device] (rewarded reputation item)
- See main article: Reputation System/Rewards
In Season 8 Reputation Sponsorship Tokens became available for characters reaching Tier 5 of a Reputation System, allowing sponsorship of alternate characters on the same player account. Sponsorship Tokens are available as Upgrade projects for 100 Marks of the specific reputation, giving an account-bind-on-pickup Token and the Sponsor title of the respective reputation system. The token can be transferred only through the Account Bank, and claimed by a lower Tier character as Upgrade project, doubling his Reputation XP rewarded by the reputation projects.
 Reputation System Costs
The information below was compiled using only the following missions:
- Send Supplies to New Romulus
- Support Colonization Efforts of the New Romulans
- File Situation Report on Status of the Borg Threat
- Submit Research Materials to Omega
For more information on these missions go to List of Reputation System projects. Commodities and Consumables Required:
- [Large Shield Charge] x 1470
- [Major Regenerator] x 1860
- [Shield Generators] x 300
- [Industrial Energy Cells] x 2490
- [Self Sealing Stem Bolts] x 1060
- [Large Hypo] x 1470
- [Medical Supplies] x 200
- [Water Purification Systems] x 170
- [Provisions] x 80
- [Seismic Stabilizers] x 200
- [Weather Control Systems] x 820
- [Terraforming Systems] x 210
- [Entertainment Provisions] x 820
 The Data
 Pricing using Vendors
Queue the next project before you get to the end of the current Tier. The project of the current tier you are on is going to require less resources than the project of the next tier. Projects yield the same experience on any tier. Therefore if you can run a Tier 1 project while you are in Tier 2, you end up getting the same experience for less cost. You can accomplish this by making sure you Queue up a Tier 1 project, before you finish Tier 1. The same can be done at each of the Tier levels. This is a small savings but it can reduce some of the burden.
- This does not apply to the Dyson reputation which has constant costs across all tiers (In fact, if you do the above for Dyson rep you will miss out on a reward box of the higher tier)
 Omega Marks
- Omega marks can be acquired through Borg Red Alerts, Defara Invasion zone and STFs. Elite STFs will yield double Marks.
- Each of the different STFs will yield a different amount of Marks. Into the Hive will yield a higher base Omega Marks than the other STFs.
- Completing the optional will also yield bonus Omega Marks.
 Romulan Marks
- Romulan Marks can be acquired through several PvE Queues, Sector Patrols,and at New Romulus System.
For a limited time during the 2012 "Q's Winter Wonderland" event, Romulan Marks could also be earned by using the GPL Converter Console, and trading in a fully mature Epohh Elder (with Bow) in return for 200 Romulan Marks.(A fully mature Epohh Elder (with Bow) was available when gaining a critical success after completing an Epohh-raising DOff mission.) Now, after the 2012 "Q's Winter Wonderland", it is still possible to trade the winter commodities for GPL and Epohhs for Romulan Marks, at GPL Converter Console at Quark's bar on DS9.
 PvE Queues
- Azure Nebula Rescue (Space) - 15 to 25 Marks depending on performance
- Mine Trap (Ground) - 20 to 40 Marks depending on performance
- The Vault: Ensnared (Space) - 15 to 20 Marks depending on performance
 Sector Patrol Daily
You can pickup the Tau Dewa Sector Patrol mission from Subcommander Mivak. Go to your Hail Starfleet and select the Available tab. At the bottom you will find the Sector Patrol mission. When you are in the Tau Dewa Block you can enter any of the systems and complete the mission. The missions contribute to the completion of your Daily mission. The individual sector patrols can be repeated, once everyone has left the system you can re-enter to start the mission again.
|Acamar System||15%||Mediate clan dispute|
|Archer System||20%||Defeat Tholians|
|Beta Thoridor System||20%||Defeat Rival Klingons|
|Carraya System||20%||Defeat Tal Shiar|
|Galorndon Core System||15%||Escort Gekli|
|Gamma Eridon System||20%||Defeat Rebel Gorn|
|Japori System||20%||Defeat Nausicaans|
|Narendra System||20%||Defeat Hirogen|
|Nequencia System||20%||Successful Bartering|
|Pheben System||15%||Quarantine mining facility|
|Starbase 234||10%||Test Starbase defences|
 New Romulus System
On New Romulus you will find a Transporter System. Around each of the transporters there will be a mission officer. Depending on your Romulan Tier level this officer might not be available to you. The mission officer can provide you with a daily mission, which when completed, will yield 10 Romulan Marks. You will need to travel on foot to each of the transporters to unlock them for future use. Additionally, there are Red Alert events, and they can offer you more Romulan Marks, depending on your performance. More Red Alert events will unlock as you get higher in the Romulan Reputation system.