The first remastered episode was “Stranded in Space”, which went live with the 1st year anniversary update of Star Trek Online. At one point all of the episodes were scheduled to be remastered by the 2nd anniversary in February 2012.
 New game mechanics
The remastered episodes showcase gameplay elements that were introduced after the launch of the game, mostly with the weekly series episodes.
Among these are scaling enemies, episode-specific rewards, career-specific tasks, cut scenes, voice overs and new accolades. Moreover the overall quantity of enemy mobs is toned down. Remastered missions are playable for veteran players via the episode replay feature.
 Remastered missions
- “Stranded in Space”
- February 2, 2011. Most changes were made to the ground portion, including a new transporter room sequence, cut scenes, additional accolades, career-specific choices and overall streamlined gameplay.
- “Diplomatic Orders”
- May 27, 2011. A new introduction was created, with ambassador Sokketh now being located on Vulcan. The P'Jem part of the mission is mostly the same, with some added cut scenes.
- “The Doomsday Device”
- May 27, 2011. The mission now starts with the boarding of the I.K.S. Targ by the player. Other additions include cut scenes, accolades, career-specific choices and playing a portion of the mission in Klingon disguise.
- Special Task Forces
- With the release of Season 5 STFs were redesigned and re-released. Changes include split-ups of space and ground parts, overall shorter missions and the inclusion of a new loot-based currency.
- Fleet Actions
- During Season 5 minor improvements were made to some of the exisiting Fleet Actions. Those changes aim at improving playability and shortening those missions (mostly by removing excessive mob numbers and lowering mission requirements).
 Remastered locations
Besides mission-specific locations there are also social hubs that underwent large-scale updates.
- Drozana Station
- October 15, 2010. Exteriors and interiors were updated for the episode “Skirmish”. No ingame explanation was given.
- Earth Spacedock
- February 2, 2011. The starbase now mirrors the one seen in the Star Trek movies. Many interior locations were redesigned and streamlined, most significantly Starship Requisitions. Several minor updates went live before that date, including a changed space backdrop around Earth.
- May 27, 2011. A space station was added in orbit. Several visual changes have been made to the surface, including P'Jem-style buildings.
- Bajor & Deep Space Nine
- March 2012. With the release of the fourth feature episode series The 2800, exterior maps of DS9 and Bajor were heavily redesigned to resemble their canon appearances. Minor changes were made to DS9's interiors.
 Special rewards
Many remastered episodes come with special rewards, though not all of them are available on the first playthrough. The list below only contains some prominent examples, for all available rewards see episode replay.
- Azura Personal Comm Code was added to “Stranded in Space” and allows players to call in the Azura to use the bank and mail system outside of social areas. A Klingon version was added to “Bringing Down the House”.
- Data Recorder was added to “Diplomatic Orders” and allows players to re-listen to the sector information narrated by Spock.
- Encrpyted Data Chips & Requisition Forms were added as loot to STFs. These items allow players to obtain special rewards like ground and space sets or DOFFs.
 Upcoming missions
All original missions were planned to be remastered at some point. However, these plans were apparently put on hold during the Free to Play transition. Changes for some of these missions have been hinted at by the developers (see also upcoming content).
- “Researcher Rescue”: Featuring updated Gorn.
- “The Kuvah'Magh”: Possibly with Miral Paris voice over.
- “City on the Edge of Never”: Possibly with B'vat voice over.
- “Past Imperfect”: With Spock appearance. Likely as new final mission of the Klingon Front.
- “Prelude to a Crisis”: Turned into prequel mission for “Khitomer Accord”.
- Federation and Klingon tutorial: Shortly after Season Four. With Starfleet Academy and the First City of Qo'noS.
- Early Klingon content: Lieutenant rank missions.
- ↑ Dan Stahl - Forum posting (8 February 2011)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dan Stahl - Forum posting (25 February 2011)
- ↑ Dan Stahl - Forum posting (25 February 2011)
- ↑ Dan Stahl - Forum posting #9,21,29 (8 February 2011)
|Seasons in Star Trek Online|
|Pre-Launch||Closed Beta • Open Beta • Launch|
|Post-Launch||Season One • Season Two • Season Three • Season Four • Season Five • Season Six • Season Seven • Legacy of Romulus|
|See also||Timeline of Star Trek Online • Feature Episode • Free to Play • Remastered Content • Release Notes • Upcoming content|