From Star Trek Online Wiki
Redshirt is the name of a Star Trek Online shard (server) which is sometimes made available to players as an additional testing server. The conditions for it being made public vary upon need.
History[edit | edit source]
- On September 16, 2011, the Redshirt shard was temporarily made public and replaced the previous purpose of the Tribble server. This server was no longer public after the F2P build was pushed live to Holodeck.
- On May 23, 2012, players were told Redshirt would be be taking the place of Tribble as the test server for all builds that are heading to the live environment, Holodeck, while Tribble would be used to test new code.
- Redshirt made another appearance on the launcher Jan 15, 2015 during, and after, Winter Event ending maintenance.
- Redshirt once again made an appearance for April Fool's Day 2015 hosting the original (launch) code as part of the event Star Trek Online: Rebirth.
Note[edit | edit source]
- Redshirt has sometimes been assumed by players to be an internal Q/A shard for the Devs use; this assumption has been corrected.