The Borg Probe fills the role of a frigate in the Borg Collective. It is more heavily armored and equipped than comparable vessels from other factions, however it does not appear to have any abilities. The ship is roughly equivalent to a Federation Frigate or Klingon Bird-of-Prey.
 Hull strength
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
 Missions encountered
- “The Price of Liberty”: The player fights through a number of these ships in orbit of Vega IX.
- “Empire Defense Against Borg Invasion”: Numerous probes can be found inside the T'Kanis Nebula.
- Borg Invasion: Several probes spawn from the Unimatrix 0047 Command Ship and help defend it.
- “Assimilation”: The player engages several probes at the beginning of the mission.
- “State of Q”: Borg probes are among the various Borg ships manifested by Q for the player to battle to amuse him.
- “Fleet Alert”: Probes are among the Borg fleet attacking Fleet Starbases.
- “Infected: The Conduit”: Specialized "Nanite Probes" arrive to try to repair damage done by the players to a transwarp gateway in the Sibiran System.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: Probes attempt to enter the Borg temporal vortex in the Quadra Sigma System in order to travel to the past to alter the timeline.
- Ker'rat System: Numerous probes patrol the Borg repair facility.
- The original model of the Probe was different from the one seen in canon. No reason is given by Cryptic Studios about why the developers choose to re-imagine the ship. For the Borg invasion event, the ship was given its canon appearance and the new design was given to the Tractor Probe and Regeneration Probe.
A Federation Frigate under attack by Borg Probes at Vega IX
 See Also
- The Borg version of Boarding Party uses transporters rather than shuttles.