Players are able to utilize various types of personal equipment for use on away missions. The equipment chosen will have an effect on the mission as they face many foes from many different races. The correct choice of equipment could be the difference between success and failure.
The following equipment can be selected and used:
You may also find these items in space combat as loot. You may choose to either keep and equip them, trade them to other players that need them, or sell them on the exchange. Note that Bound items cannot be sold on the Exchange or traded with other players.
 Body ArmorBody Armor offers players various forms of damage resistance, with some variants providing bonus damage strength.
See Body Armor for more information.
 Personal ShieldsPersonal Shields protect players by absorbing most of the damage from energy-based attacks and a portion of the damage from physical attacks. They rapidly regenerate once they have not sustained damage for a brief period of time.
See Personal Shield for more information.
 Ground WeaponsGround weapons, or personal weapons, are the main offensive tools for players, and come in two different forms: melee and ranged.
See Ground weapon for more information.
 KitsKits are inventory items that grant the user with up to four special abilities when equipped. The abilities granted are dependent on the Profession of the player, and the type of kit used.
See Kit for more information.
 Ground Devices
- Food and Beverages are consumable items that regenerate a portion of the player's health outside of combat, as well as Tribble breeding.
- Non-Food consumables are used for several purposes, including healing during combat and bonus damage.
- Tribbles are small, round, furry creatures that can grant small bonuses, including healing, damage, health regeneration and damage resistance. Some special Tribbles grant special bonuses.
- Pets are NPCs summoned by a player that can either be combat or non-combat.
- Non-consumable Devices cover a wide range of items that do not come under any of the previous categories. Some of these may be cosmetic, while others provide a bonus of some kind.