Odyssey Star Cruiser
- For the NPC version, see Odyssey Dreadnought Cruiser.
The Odyssey Star Cruiser is an Admiral (Tier 5) level Federation Cruiser. Players can obtain the vessel through the Shipyard for 200,000 Fleet Credits, as long as the player's Fleet has a Tier V shipyard. It has been touted as the pinnacle of Federation starship design and will carry the Federation into a new generation of exploration. The newly commissioned U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-F) is an example of this class and stands as the flagship of Starfleet.
The Odyssey class is the largest ever created by Starfleet. Its large size makes it very resilient, but its turn rate is reduced by the bulk of the vessel. The Odyssey's unique split saucer pylon reduces subspace wake at higher warp speeds. The Odyssey is designed as an extreme long-range vessel, and can operate for long periods of time away from support. Because of this, it is the most versatile cruiser ever developed by the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.
Odyssey Operations Cruiser
The Odyssey Operations Cruiser is a variant of the Odyssey class intended to enhance extended operation during multipurpose missions. The EPS systems have been balanced to provide equal power generation across all primary systems. Redundant power generation systems and improved warp field design also marks the return of saucer separation to Starfleet cruisers after an extended absence.
Odyssey Science Cruiser
The primary mission of the Starfleet remains scientific exploration. The Odyssey Science Cruiser variant meets these goals with unmatched sensor enhancements, unseen in previous cruiser designs. Along with enhanced shield power, Work Bee Cargo Management Units are typically assigned to this class in order to support ship operations on extended scientific endeavors.
Odyssey Tactical Cruiser
In this extended period of conflict, the Starfleet Corps of Engineers were tasked with developing a cruiser with additional firepower. The Odyssey Tactical Cruiser is a unique development that emerged from this goal. While the EPS systems were tuned to provide superior power to weapons, the standout feature is the wholesale replacement of the secondary shuttle bay with a specially designed Aquarius-class escort.
Not as specialized as its C-Store variants, the Odyssey Star Cruiser is nevertheless a potent choice for players seeking a good mix of abilities in their Cruiser. With a Boff setup reminiscent of the Fleet Star Cruiser, the Odyssey differs in its Lt.Commander Universal slot. Inserting Science allows the player to take such abilities as Science Team, Transfer Shield Strength or Hazard Emitters at high levels. Alternatively, using it for Tactical can allow players impressive hitting power for a ship of the Odyssey's bulk. Ultimately the Odyssey offers a good blend of abilities for players who want plenty of tanking ability with supplementary Science or Tactical abilities.
Federation starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
The Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive ability allows the Odyssey class starship to travel at Warp 20 for 60 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds in sector space.
As a cruiser, this ship supports the following cruiser commands
- Ability: Strategic Maneuvering
- Ability: Shield Frequency Modulation
- Ability: Weapon System Efficiency
- Ability: Attract Fire
Odyssey Star Cruiser with Assimilated Borg Technology Set
- This ship was released during the 2nd Anniversary of Star Trek Online. Those who participated received this ship as a reward for completing “The Odyssey Class”.
- Players can choose to purchase the "Odyssey bundle" for 5,000 , which includes all three variants. It is also the easiest way to acquire the full Odyssey Cruiser Set, which grants players an Odyssey cruiser with the chevron separation of an Operations variant, the Worker Bee of a Science variant, and the Aquarius escort of the Tactical variant all in one ship plus the set bonus of an increased turn rate to partially offset the Odyssey's cumbersome maneuverability.
- With Season Six, the standard Odyssey Star Cruiser was added to the fleet store for 200,000 .
- The Odyssey Star Cruiser can be modified to act as a dreadnought by putting a Tactical Officer in the Universal slot.