Odyssey Star Cruiser
- For the NPC version, see Odyssey Dreadnought Cruiser.
The Odyssey Star Cruiser is an Admiral (Tier 5) level Federation Cruiser. Players can obtain the vessel through the Shipyard for 200,000 Fleet Credits, as long as the player's Fleet has a Tier V shipyard. It has been touted as the pinnacle of Federation starship design and will carry the Federation into a new generation of exploration. The newly commissioned U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-F) is an example of this class and stands as the flagship of Starfleet.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Odyssey class[edit | edit source]
The Odyssey class is the largest ever created by Starfleet. Its large size makes it very resilient, but its turn rate is reduced by the bulk of the vessel. The Odyssey's unique split saucer pylon reduces subspace wake at higher warp speeds. The Odyssey is designed as an extreme long-range vessel, and can operate for long periods of time away from support. Because of this, it is the most versatile cruiser ever developed by the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.
Odyssey Operations Cruiser[edit | edit source]
The Odyssey Operations Cruiser is a variant of the Odyssey class intended to enhance extended operation during multipurpose missions. The EPS systems have been balanced to provide equal power generation across all primary systems. Redundant power generation systems and improved warp field design also marks the return of saucer separation to Starfleet cruisers after an extended absence.
Odyssey Science Cruiser[edit | edit source]
The primary mission of the Starfleet remains scientific exploration. The Odyssey Science Cruiser variant meets these goals with unmatched sensor enhancements, unseen in previous cruiser designs. Along with enhanced shield power, Work Bee Cargo Management Units are typically assigned to this class in order to support ship operations on extended scientific endeavors.
Odyssey Tactical Cruiser[edit | edit source]
In this extended period of conflict, the Starfleet Corps of Engineers were tasked with developing a cruiser with additional firepower. The Odyssey Tactical Cruiser is a unique development that emerged from this goal. While the EPS systems were tuned to provide superior power to weapons, the standout feature is the wholesale replacement of the secondary shuttle bay with a specially designed Aquarius-class escort.
Admiralty Ship[edit | edit source]
|-5% Maintenance per Ship|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive ability allows the Odyssey class starship to travel at Transwarp Factor 20 for 60 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds in sector space.
Cruiser Commands[edit | edit source]
As a cruiser, this ship supports the following cruiser commands
- Ability: Strategic Maneuvering
- Ability: Shield Frequency Modulation
- Ability: Weapon System Efficiency
- Ability: Attract Fire
Standard Configuration[edit | edit source]
Federation starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
Comparison with other Odyssey variants[edit | edit source]
|Consoles||2 4 3||2 5 3||2 4 4||3 4 3|
|Power Modifiers|| +10 Shield Power
+10 Auxiliary Power
|+5 All Power|| +10 Shield Power
+10 Auxiliary Power
| +10 Weapon Power|
+5 Shield Power
+5 Auxiliary Power
|Unversal Console and Abilities||[Console - Universal - Chevron Separation]|| [Console - Universal - Work Bees]
|[Console - Universal - Aquarius Escort]|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Official Images [edit | edit source]
Odyssey Star Cruiser with Assimilated Borg Technology Set
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Odyssey class was designed by Adam Ihle, winner of Cryptic Studios' Design the Next Enterprise contest.
- This ship was released during the 2nd Anniversary of Star Trek Online. Those who participated received this ship as a reward for completing “The Odyssey Class”.
- Players can choose to purchase the "Odyssey bundle" for 5,000 , which includes all three variants. It is also the easiest way to acquire the full Odyssey Cruiser Set, which grants players an Odyssey cruiser with the chevron separation of an Operations variant, the Worker Bee of a Science variant, and the Aquarius escort of the Tactical variant all in one ship plus the set bonus of an increased turn rate to partially offset the Odyssey's cumbersome maneuverability.
- With Season Six, the standard Odyssey Star Cruiser was added to the fleet store for 200,000 .