Negh'Var Heavy Battle Cruiser
- For the NPC vessel, see Negh'Var Warship.
The Negh'Var Heavy Battle Cruiser is a Brigadier General (Tier 5) level Klingon Battle Cruiser. The Negh'Var was the KDF's most powerful battle cruiser, and the flagship of the Klingon Empire well into the 25th century.
Negh'Var classNegh'Var class is an imposing vessel with broad, fixed wings carrying twin warp nacelles. Similar to the Vor'cha class, the Negh'Var has a large forked forward section and weapons array.
The Negh'Var Heavy Battle Cruiser continues the steady increase in crew complement and size over its predecessors. In comparison to the Rear Admiral Federation Cruisers, it has 2.5x to 3.2x the crew compliment, a better Turn Rate and can load Dual Cannons. While the Turn Rate is better than Federation Cruisers of the same rank, it's still considerably slower than Federation Escorts, Klingon Raptors and Birds-of-Prey. As a result, broadsiding with Beam Arrays is still preferable to narrow view cannons. A turn rate console can help with increasing mobility for cannons, but will take up a slot better utilized for strengthening the ship's defenses or power output. The Bridge Officer layout is identical to the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit which gives an extra support/survivability option.
Comparison with Equivalent Variants
|Consoles||3 4 2||3 4 2||3 4 2||3 4 2|
|Bonus Power|| +10 Weapons
| +10 Weapons
| +10 Weapons
| +10 Weapons|
Klingon starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
As a battle cruiser, this ship supports the following cruiser commands.
- Ability: Strategic Maneuvering
- Ability: Shield Frequency Modulation
- Ability: Weapon System Efficiency
- The playable Negh'Var as well as her NPC counterpart were remodeled with the release of the Negh'Tev Heavy Battlecruiser to more closely resemble their canon appearance in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Players could also choose to use costume parts to match the ship's appearance from the TNG episode "All Good Things...".