Mission: Sphere of Influence
In Sphere of Influence, the player and other representatives of the Romulan Republic, the Federation and the Klingon Defense Force are invited by D'Tan to New Romulus for the reactivation of a recently discovered Iconian gateway.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Outline
- 3 NPCs
- 4 NPC Starships
- 5 Accolades
- 6 Walkthrough
- 7 Mission Replay
- 8 Notes
- 9 Iconian database entries
- 10 Gallery
Due to an accident during its reactivation, the player, along with Ambassador Worf, Va'Kel Shon and other Federation, Klingon and Romulan representatives, is forced to use the recently discovered Iconian gateway on New Romulus. Trapped in subspace the group encounters the Solanae but eventually manages to return after reactivating all still operational gateways in the Milky Way. In a commandeered Obelisk Carrier, the group uses one of the gateways and emerges in the Jouret System, where they have to fight off an Elachi force trying to defend the newly uncovered gateway.
Because the Romulan Republic is dedicated to sharing the gateway and all we learn from it with our allies, we are inviting representatives of the Romulan Republic, the Federation and the Klingon Defense Force to join us on New Romulus for the first trip through the gateway.
I would be honored if you would join us, <rank>.
- Go To New Romulus Gateway Complex
- Speak with Kererek
- Advise Science Team
- Speak with Researcher A'dranna
- Find Variance Coefficients
- Speak with Researcher A'dranna
- Bring Commander Maiek the new report
- Help Commander Maiek
- Activate Main Power Grid
- Open Gateway Pylon Doors
- Activate Gateway Pylon Risers
- Return to Commander Maiek
- Speak with Captain Shon
- Place Emergency Charges (0/2)
- Return to Kererek
- Observe Gateway Activation
- The Other Side
- Go To Unknown Location
- Check Crates from New Romulus for Useful Items (0/3)
- Assist the Wounded (0/4)
- Exit Inital Room
- Speak with Worf
- Help Worf Open Doorway
- Enter the Next Room
- Scan the Exits (0/3)
- Discuss Which Path to Take
- Order Federation Security Officers to Organize Security
- Find a Way Out
- Go to Next Room with Worf
- Investigate Room
- Scan Equipment (0/3)
- Hail Exploration Teams
- Examine Strange Console
- Notify Exploration Teams of Findings
- Hail Other Teams
- Look for Shon
- Investigate the Strange Technology
- Return to the rest of the Refugees
- Hail Anyone
- Recover the Others
- Follow Koren's Path
- Examine the Strange Table
- Examine Evidence of Fight
- Examine Data Storage
- Discuss with Worf
- Look for Captives
- Kill the Guardian
- Open Door to Holding Pens
- Get Components from Dead Automated Guardian
- Break Down Door
- Follow Koren's Path
- Free the Captives and take headcount
- Free Captives (0/6)
- Speak with Koren
- Recover the Missing
- Find Shon and Maiek
- Examine Shon
- Examine Maiek
- Follow Energy Signature
- Exit Through the Doorway
- Use Console
- Cross to Energy Signature and Discover Information
- Investigate Energy Signature
- Discover Information (0/6)
- Attempt to Activate Console
- Disable Guardians
- Summon Everyone to the Platform
- Reroute Power
- Reconfigure Controls
- Assist Worf with Downloading Data
- Establish Datalink with Tricorder
- Find Most Relevant Files
- Download Data to Tricorder
- Exit Through the Gate
- Investigate Bridge Consoles (0/4)
- Fly Through The Gate
- Enemy at the Gate
- Defeat Elachi Vanguard
- Defeat Elachi Reinforcements
- Defeat Elachi Assault Fleet
- Decide fate of the Gateway
- Exit System
- Hail D'Tan
- Invited Delegate
- Ensign Security Officer
- Ensign Engineering Officer
- Ensign Medic
- Dr. Eric Cooper
- Captain Shon
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- You choose 1 of the following:
- Feature Episode, released on October 30, 2013 prior to the release of Season Eight: The Sphere.
- Minimum level requirement until December 5, 2013 was 10+, rewarding a [Special Requisition Pack - Obelisk Carrier] once per character at first playthrough; the included Obelisk Carrier could be unpacked at Level 40+.
- With the patch on December 5, 2013 the mission has been included into the regular level progression (storyline missions), with a new minimum level requirement of 50, leading into the Level 50 Solanae Dyson Sphere adventure zone. The free Obelisk Carrier has been removed, and can now be aquired through the Fleet Spire at Tier 1.
- There are three Hidden Compartments in the Consoles, in the Expanse area, rewarding a version of the [Hangar - Advanced Obelisk Swarmers] carrier pets that can only be used on the Obelisk Carrier or the Advanced Obelisk Carrier. To obtain them, you must obtain the "Reconnaissance" accolade and observed all six main consoles, but you must get them before you approach the final platform and trigger off the cutscene there. Once you have interacted with all three of the extra consoles (at the dead ends), go back to them a second time to get the hidden compartment option.
- This mission draws heavily from the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Schisms", particularly the solanogen-based lifeforms and the experiments they conduct on those they capture.
- This is the first mission to feature the flagships of all the playable factions (I.K.S. Bortasqu', U.S.S. Enterprise-F, and R.R.W. Lleiset) together at the same time.
Iconian database entries
Ideal site for harvesting. Servitor races have used disease epidemics and internal conflicts in ancient past to gather specimens for study.
Population is numerous but mostly peaceful. Poor candidates for servitor status: High creativity levels and self-preservation instinct make them inclined to fight rather than submit when faced by overwhelming foe. See "Borg" for more information.
Can be aggressive when threatened. Recommend that all activities in system be covert until invasion is launched.Target for extermination. If Sol system is eliminated, models show that political entity known as "Federation" may collapse.
Storage facility Z98:
- Purpose: Supply and transport servitor troops during expansion and pacification actions.
- Capacity: 4.7 million units.
- Docking Stations: 220
- Current Status: ERROR
Aggressive, warlike species that dominates this area of space. Strong tendencies to fight rather than submit. Harvesting programs in past have been problematic -- only successful when used in concert with internal conflict.
Possible candidate for servitor race, if key members of government and entity known as "Great Houses" could be used to direct rest of population.
Military structure in most organizations makes population already accustomed to taking orders from superiors. Recommend study of "honor" in society for use as a tool for control.If population can be absorbed into servitor species, it would be a great addition to our fighting strength. If they cannot, extermination must be swift. We cannot give the Klingons a chance to organize against us.
- System: Vandros IV
- Dominant Species: Dominion
- Servitor Presence: Level 9 surveillance in effect
Dominion scientists discovered an intact gateway 37 cycles ago, but it was destroyed by opposition forces before they could activate it.
There are other gateways in the region that remain inactive. Agents are in place to stop the Dominion from discovering the location of these gateways before they are prepared.As to the Dominion themselves: we recommend observation but no engagement. The Dominion are organized and used to subjugating large numbers of species spread across a large area of space. When the Alpha and Beta Quadrants are firmly under our control then we will have the resources needed to conquer the Dominion as well.
ALERT: Connection to gateway network unstable. Immediate attention required.
- Gateways: 7,255
- Gateways Inactive: 5,967
- Gateways Damaged or Inoperative: 880
Alert: Gateways in Andromeda active!Alert: Unauthorized connection to network detected in Hobus system
Survivors of Romulan extermination have gathered on site of former Dewan homeworld. They have uncovered sites belonging to servitor races and are attempting to reactivate gateway. If gateway is successfully activated, they may threaten entire network.
Attempts to use Elachi to eliminate threat unsuccessful. Alliance with Tal Shiar problematic -- Romulans as a species show more self-determination and willpower than in previous observations. Leader known as Sela must be controlled or eliminated.
Several key members of Romulan Republic gateway research team have been taken for additional study without their knowledge. Brain scans of Researcher A'dranna have yielded vital information about project.
Agents have used that information to destabilize gateway. If activated, seismic instability will affect entire planet. Expected outcome is 70 percent reduction in population.Remaining survivors must not be allowed to form organized groups -- recommend subsuming them into Elachi as soon as possible.
- System: Iconia
- Dominant Species: None
- Servitor Presence: Level 1 surveillance in effect
The homeworld is still unsuitable for habitation, although servitor races have begun subspace modifications in preparation for invasion.When quadrant is pacified, we will use forced labor to terraform world for our return. All must be as it was.
Safety Measure Theta Six in effect due to gateway instability.All space gateways for large ship movements have been withdrawn into subspace until network instability is addressed or proper activation codes are transmitted.
- System: Quarra
- Dominant Species: Quarren
- Servitor Presence: Level 6 surveillance in effect
Industrious and technologically advanced planet. Extremely low level of automation means population must constantly refresh workforce.
Use of radioactive mines to infect ship crews and bring them to Quarra is interesting, but ultimately inefficient. We would require greater amounts of loyal servitors to pacify Delta Quadrant than this method would provide.Recommend cooperation and eventual inclusion as a servitor race. In exchange for their loyalty and detailed information on their indoctrination technique, we will alleviate their manpower problem.
- Ship: Obelisk 1
- Servitor: Solanae
- Status: Ready to deploy
- Activation Codes: Authorized