Mission: Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning
In Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning, what begins as a territorial dispute in the neutral zone escalates into a daring raid at the heart of Federation space.
The Klingon Empire has a centuries old claim to the Alhena System but in spite of this, the Federation dispatches a task force to liberate a captured starbase in the region. As the player enters the fray they are contacted by the leader of the local KDF forces, Commander Alvek. Alvek requests assistance in repelling the starfleet attack, led by the U.S.S. DeWitt.
After overcoming the task force the player heads up a boarding party to capture the U.S.S. DeWitt. The DeWitt's crew is easily dispatched, but it's captain proves to be uncooperative and refuses to surrender the command codes of the vessel. After interrogating Captain Hollingsworth though, the player extracts a greater prize; the access codes for the defense grid protecting the Sol system.
The player contacts Chancellor J'mpok for permission to launch an attack. The Chancellor suggests that the best target would be the Utopia Planitia Shipyards at Mars, and that such a strike would to deal a crippling blow to the Federation Third Fleet stationed there. The player contacts Commander Alvek to rally the support of the local KDF forces, and begins a bold incursion into Federation territory.
On arrival at the shipyards the player disables the communications satellites serving the facility to prevent reinforcements from being summoned. The player along with Alvek's forces destroy the task force vessels under construction there. Alvek is unfortunately captured and the player makes a hasty escape, but by this time the shipyards have already been dealt a devastating blow.
 Mission text
I need more ships to defend the base, and the I.K.S. <ship name> is right for the job.Fight for the Empire!
- Challenged Claims
- Repel Federation Attackers
- Defeat Wave of Federation Ships
- Board the U.S.S. DeWitt
- Out DeWitting the Enemy
- Head to the Bridge
- Disable Engineering Forcefield
- Find an Active Turbolift
- Reroute Power to the Turbolift
- Take Turbolift to the Bridge
- Interrogate the DeWitt's Captain
- Seeking a Path to Glory
- Destroy the U.S.S. DeWitt
- Contact J'mpok
- Recruit Raiders
- Burning Bridges
- Warp to Mars
- Disable Communications Satellite 1
- Disable Communications Satellite 2
- Disable Communications Satellite 3
- Hit and Run
- Destroy Task Force Alpha
- Destroy Task Force Bravo
- Destroy Task Force Charlie
- Escape the Mars System
- Speak with J'mpok
 NPC starships
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Get||Points|
|Behind Enemy Lines||Attack Utopia Planetia [sic]||10|
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- The player may choose to kill Captain Hollingsworth before destroying the DeWitt, though this has no effect on the mission progress.
- It is possible to repeat the raid on Utopia Planitia if the player does not turn in the mission, as the game think that this part is incomplete even when the mission is finished as can be turned in.
- The title of this mission is a quote of James T. Kirk's final course heading for the U.S.S. Enterprise-A at the end of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, which itself is a quote from Peter Pan.