Mission: New Romulus: The Power Source
This mission is only available to players who have completed Tier 4 of the Romulan Reputation System.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The player and their away team enters the Underground Ruins (as requested by D'Tan in “Latest Findings”) and studies geological instabilities, Dewan artifacts, and Tholian equipment. Eventually they reach the end and must shut down the ancient Dewan power plant before the Tholians inadvertently trigger another seismic event.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission Text[edit | edit source]
<Rank>, we've detected a power source under the Hwael Ruins.
The location is a series of lava tubes that lead to an underground volcano, but the energy readings are not geothermic in origin. We need to learn more, but the mineral content of the lava tubes is affecting our sensors, and a probe simply won't be able to do the kind of tests we need.
I know it's dangerous, but would you be willing to explore the area? You and your team will need to use environmental suits – the heat and pressure would be too much for anyone but a Tholian.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Explore the Lava Tubes Under the Hwael Ruins
- Underground Ruins
- Read Mission Briefing
- Scan Geological Instabilities (5/5)
- Investigate Lava Tubes
- Scan Mysterious Artifacts (3/3)
- Shut Down the Power Plant
- Prevent Power Plant from Overloading
- Defeat the Tholian Captain
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Tholian[edit | edit source]
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- For a walkthrough of this mission, visit the Walkthrough page.
Map[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This mission is only available to players who have completed Tier 4 of the Romulan Reputation System.
- Environmental Suits are required to complete this mission, both for the player as well as each member of their Away Team.
- New Romulus: The Power Source is a daily/repeatable mission, and has a 20 hour cooldown.
- The player must accept this mission in order to gain access to the Underground Ruins, which is required in order to complete “Secrets of the Ancients”.
- Preventing the powerstation for overloading will result in a bonus of romulan marks.
- Environmental suits can be freely acquired at the beginning of the mission “Boldly They Rode” for free for your companions, thus avoiding any dilithium spending for a onetime use of them.
[edit | edit source]
|New Romulus Missions (Level 50)|
“New Romulus Aid” • “Lending a Hand” • “New Romulus Transporter System”
“Beginning of a New Future” • “Staging Area” • “The Atlai” • “Hwael Ruins” • “Isha Forest Epohh Collection” • “Paehhos Crater” • “Vastam Peaks”
|Reputation System Storyline Missions|
“Hidden Camera” (Tier I) • “Secret Shuttle Codes” (Tier II) • “Web Access” (Tier III) • “Latest Findings” (Tier IV) • “Secrets of the Ancients” (Tier V)
“Warehouse” (Tier I) • “Mountain Base” (Tier II) • “Overgrown Caves” (Tier III) • “The Power Source” (Tier IV)
|New Romulus Assignments|
Epohh Collection: “Research Tagged Epohhs” • “Raise Epohh Pup” • “Raise Epohh Moppet” • “Raise Epohh Adult”