Mission: Academy Event
The one-hour-long Academy Event takes place at both Starfleet Academy and the Klingon Academy and begins every ten hours. The starting time of the next event can be found on the Overview tab of the mission journal.
Players partner with a science cadet, leading them around the academy to scan particles that appear throughout the event at specific locations on the grounds and in the buildings. In the process, players collect [Particle Fragment] which can then be traded for Dilithium Ore Containers in stacks of 15, 30, or 60. The [Particle Fragment] do not last long after the event ends and will disappear from the inventory.
 Mission text
Hello, <rank>! Admiral Quinn indicated that you could assist me.
The cadets in my class at Starfleet Academy are learning how to scan and record particle traces. They could use the help of an officer with experience in the field like yourself.
Please meet me at Starfleet Academy and help my class complete their assignments.
- Speak to Professor Neal Meyer
- Go to Starfleet Academy
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
- The mission itself completes when you speak to Neal Meyer, as it is technically separate from the event and merely meant to guide you to it.
- The mission is only available during an hour when the event is active. Professor Mayer can be interacted with.
- There is no need to interact with Professor Meyer to start the event. It starts at the top of the hour and all players in the location are active.
- There is also no need to generate a cadet to interact with. Newer and lower level players may choose to create one though as they are a help in dealing with the Klingon holograms.
- You can revive a fallen cadet or fellow player.
- Particles can be turned in to either Professor Meyer or the cadet. If you have remaining particles, they can be sold to the Club 602 bartender for 50 each.
- Particles last approximately an hour after the event. Afterwards they are removed from your inventory.
- You can assist other players by shooting their Klingon holograms. The player unlucky enough to get the Klingon hologram drop is the one who receives the particle drop though.