Mission: Hearts and Minds
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
When the player enters the station the away team is attacked by an automated defense system, that the player needs to override. While investigating the base the player finds evidence of medical experimentation. Finally, the away team finds a laboratory filled with clones of Doctor Sibak, all but one in stasis.
When talking to the clone, he attacks the away team, trying to stop them from obstructing the research. Finally, the player finds another room filled with clones, who immediately attack. After sweeping the station, the away team finds no evidence that Sibak experimented on any other sentient life forms than his own clones.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission text[edit | edit source]
I've lost contact with an old . . . colleague. Doctor Sibak was a Vulcan priest, but he worked with the Vulcan science academy studying psionic phenomena.
A few years ago he went into seclusion on a remote research station in the Donatu system. He hasn't been heard from in some time. I'd like someone to check up on him.
Don't worry, He's just a typical Vulcan by himself. You shouldn't have any problems.
Several years ago, a reclusive Vulcan scientist and mystic by the name of Sibak settled a research station on a moon of Donatu Prime. He was a psionic adept of considerable power, and having him on the Neutral Zone makes me wonder what sort of information the Federation might be uncovering through his telepathic skills.
Our traffic analysts have indicated that the station is no longer reporting. Now is the perfect time to find out what exactly has been going on there.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Go To Donatu Prime Lunar Research Station
- Investigate Donatu Prime Lunar Research Station
- Find Dr. Sibak
- Escape from the Quarantine Chamber
- Examine Reseach Lab For Clues
- Explore further into the Station
- Search Additional Research Facilities
- Find Dr. Sibak's "Research Subjects"
- Confront Doctor Sibak's Clones
- Leave Donatu
- Find Dr. Sibak
- Hail Franklin Drake
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Vulcan[edit | edit source]
Wildlife[edit | edit source]
Accolades[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Gbtain||Points|
|Val'reth||Investigate the laboratory of Dr. Sibak||Turn in the completed mission.||10|
- For a walkthrough of this mission, visit the Walkthrough page.
Mission Replay[edit | edit source]
This mission is repeatable and can be replayed to obtain additional copies of the rewards, however there is a rather large cooldown so repeating it within the current event may not be possible. Replaying the mission awards an additional
- [Vulcan Lirpa Mk <> [Psi] [Stn]], which scales to a player appropriate level (Scaling Rewards), as follows:
|40–49||Rear Admiral I & II||X|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
- According to a dev blog post, the mission is supposed to be available on each Friday the 13th from now on "and perhaps another sufficiently horrifying day that we might choose" It is also scheduled to be available around Halloween.
- So far, the mission was available:
- 2012: from 6pm PDT on Thursday, April 12, until 6am PDT on Saturday, April 14
- 2012: from 6pm PDT on Thursday, July 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, July 14.
- 2012: from 8pm PDT on Tuesday, October 30, until 8am PDT on Thursday, November 1.
- 2013: from 6pm PDT on Thursday, September 12, until 8am PDT on Saturday, September 14.
- 2013: from 6pm PDT on Wednesday, October 30, until 6am PDT on Friday, November 1.
- 2013: from 12pm PDT on Friday, December 13, until 6am PDT on Saturday, December 14.
- 2014: from 12pm PDT on Friday, June 13, until 6am PDT on Saturday, June 14.
- 2014: Friday, October 30 6pm (PDT) to November 1 6am (PDT)
- 2015: Friday, February 13
- 2015: Friday, March 13
- 2015: Saturday, October 31
- 2015: Friday, November 13
- 2016: Friday, May 13
- 2016: Monday, October 31
- Upcoming potential dates of availability:
- 2017: Friday, January 13
- 2017: Friday, October 13
- 2017: Tuesday, October 31
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Wearing an Environmental Suit or a [Rebreather Device] from “The Best Defense” or “What's Left Behind” will protect the player from harm while solving the Isolinear Chip Alignment puzzle in the quarantine chamber, as will traits or other items which provide Toxic resistance.
- Reportedly, Hearts and Minds was created by Jesse Heinig during off-work hours.
- On the STO forums, the limited availability of the mission created a controversy in which at some point Daniel Stahl interjected, commenting:
- "In defense of the kind soul who spent their own personal time making this mission quite some time ago but was asked if they would hold of publishing it so we use it for a fun little Friday the 13th event - that person doesn't deserve the crap laid on them by this thread." (sic)