See here for options for possible layout adjustments and to express your preference.
The Minimap is a user interface element in Star Trek Online. It provides a top-down view of the players immediate enviroment, showing the location of team members, enemies, and the players direction and camera angle.
A variety of buttons and displays surround the map on all sides. Starting on the top left corner and going clockwise they are
- clock - dislaying the time of your set time zone
- current location - the name of your current map and its instance number (click to switch instances)
- Display Big Map
- Character Status
- Access In-Game Mail
- Social - displays friends list, blocked users etc.
- Game Menu - access game option, change character, log out etc.
- Help and Support
- More (dropdown menu with additional selections)
- Your Fleet
- PvE Queues
- Duty Officers
- Visit the Dilithium Store
- Visit the C-Store
- Hail Starfleet/KDF
- Scan Area - scan the area to be pointed to the closest areas of interest (e.g., mission objectives or anomalies)
- Abort Mission / Beam To Ship / Depart System (depending on where you are).
- + Zoom In
- - Zoom Out