Memory Alpha is the center for crafting for Federation players. The NPCs at Memory Alpha introduce the player to crafting, and enables players to create weapons and equipment by collecting data samples and using one of the research stations provided.
- Commander Jenna Romaine introduces the player to Memory Alpha
- James Tolliver, who sells basic versions of some craftable items
- Commodities Broker Rek
- Commander Thomas Marrone
 General Storage
The general storage area is to the south east of the facility, and is where anomalous data samples are kept.
- T'Pren, who explains the basics of gathering data samples and crafting
 Energy Fields R&D
The area to the south-west of the lounge is Energy Fields R&D, where engineering research is carried out.
- Ensign Marissa Roet
- Lieutenant Kirayoshi O'Brien, who is feeling homesick
- Zel, who sells basic versions of some craftable items
- Lieutenant Orlando Mai
 Physical Sciences R&D
The area to the west is occupied by Physical Sciences R&D, where science research is done.
 Technology R&D
The area to the north of the facility is devoted to the technology specialism, in which tactical research is performed.
- Lieutenant Commander Anichent
- Commander Shann
- Quex, who sells basic versions of some craftable items
 How to Start Crafting
The player must first gather data samples either in space or while on away missions. These are then used to create the basic ingredient in each crafting recipe; a schematic. With a schematic of the correct type and sufficient data samples, the player can then fabricate items at one of the research consoles. Each item crafted will increase the player's crafting skill, which unlocks more advanced crafting recipes.
 Missions involved
- “Scientific Mandate”
- “Research & Development”
- “Taste of Home”
- “Hostile Takeover”: Markin wants to discredit the merchandise from one of his brothers.
- “Shady Supplies”: Zel wants the player to stop one of his brothers smuggling.
- “Family Ties”: Quex asks the player to settle a family dispute.
- “Quarantine”: Lt. Mai sends the player to deliver some crates to Dr. Yoc'm on Deep Space K-7.
- There are several research consoles at Memory Alpha, all of which function identically.
- The items sold by the vendors found throughout the facility are not necessary for crafting, nor does the player need to talk to any of the researchers to advance their crafting skill.