During the special Lohlunat Festival event, captains of all kinds can visit the Summer Resort on Risa – to celebrate their culture’s welcoming diversity, the Risians have even granted special access to members and allies of the Klingon Defense Force.
Although most activities here are only available during the summer event, the Lohlunat Festival island can be visited all year round. While the summer event is active, however, holiday travelers can purchase floaters – grav-generating glider packs – to explore the island, and also to participate in a series of flying courses. Furthermore, [Lohlunat Favors] can be earned, which can be traded for various accessories and costumes. Also, [Lohlunat Prize Vouchers] can be earned and put into a project of the Event faction of the Reputation System to earn a unique starship exclusive to that year's Festival.
Outline[edit | edit source]
This event was first active from June 27th to August 19th, 2013, as an annual summer event. The second summer event ran from June 5th until July 17th 2014. The third annual Festival occurred between June 4 and July 16, 2015.
Players can transport directly to the Risa System via the Mission Journal and beam down to the special event. Alternatively, players can travel through Sector Space to Risa, located in the Beta Quadrant.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- “Welcome to Risa”: Non-repeatable introductory mission.
- “Castles in the Sand”: Given by the Arenologist. Awards 20 [Lohlunat Favors], with bonus [Lohlunat Favors] during the 15-minute bonus time period.
- “Flying High” (daily): Given by the Event Coordinator. Awards 40x [Lohlunat Prize Vouchers].
- “Horga'hn Hunt”: Find 10 Horga'hns to complete the mission. Awards 75 [Lohlunat Favors]s for completion, plus an additional 2-5 Favors per horga'hn found (minimum 20, maximum 50). There is also a random chance of getting a [Risian Tropical Bird Egg] when picking up a Horga'hn.
Open missions[edit | edit source]
- “Dance Party!”: Located at the dance floor. A dance instruction is given every 15 seconds and 38 are required to complete the mission. Awards up to 100 [Lohlunat Favors].
- “Making Waves”: Located at the powerboard race start line at the Promenade. Awards up to 75 [Lohlunat Favors] and up to 12 [Tropical Tags], depending on placement in the race.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
- 00 mins after the hour: Dance off! (15 minute duration)
- 15 mins after the hour: Powerboard Race
- 22 mins after the hour: Horga'hn Hunt (15 minute duration)
- 38 mins after the hour: Powerboard Race
- 45 mins after the hour: Sand Sculptures bonus rewards (15 minute duration)
Duty Officer Assignments[edit | edit source]
- “Hatch a Risian Tropical Bird Egg!”: Hatch [Risian Tropical Bird Eggs] once every 24 hours for a random chance of a Risian Tropical Bird species.
- “Raise a Risian Tropical Bird”: Raise a Risian Tropical Bird species once every 24 hours from Chick to Senior and have a chance to mutate into a new breed Risian Tropical Bird - Tufted species. Seaspray, Grotto Glider, Passion Wing , Dusk Diver, Sunset Streamer, Firespray are the Bird Variations
- “Research Tagged Feather Monkeys”: Research 6 [Tropical Tags] once every 24 hours for a random chance of a Risian Feather Monkey species.
- “Raise Feather Monkey”: Raise a Risian Feather Monkey species once every 24 hours from Baby to Adult and have a chance to mutate into a new breed Risian Feather Monkey with Tiki Mask species. Blue, Green, Red are the 3 monkey variations.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Resort[edit | edit source]
- Risian Vendor - Sells a variety of Risian goods
- Risian Outfitter - Tailor
- Event Coordinator - Gives the “Flying High” mission
- Floater Vendor - Sells Risa Floaters
- Resort Interior
- Horga'hn Collector - Gives the “Horga'hn Hunt” mission
- Dance Instructor - Provides information on, and directs the player in, the “Dance Party!”
- Ferengi Trader - A Ferengi selling goods for GPL
- Ariana - Sells Entertainment Provisions
- Melangogg - Sells Seismic Stabilizers
- Leeta - Provides a location to play Dabo
- Bank, Mail, and Exchange consoles
Promenade[edit | edit source]
- Risian Arenologist - Gives the “Castles in the Sand” mission
- Risian Powerboarder - Sells Risa Powerboards and provides information on “Making Waves”
- Ornithologist - Gives Assignments to hatch and raise birds and can trade birds for a [Mark Package - Multiple Choice]
- Monkey Trainer - Gives Assignments to raise monkeys and can trade them for a [Mark Package - Multiple Choice]
- Risian Officer Requisition - Sells Risian Duty officers
- Risian Bartender - Sells refreshments
South Beach[edit | edit source]
- Pavyl - Gives you clues to play Hide and Seek during the day; hides at nightfall
Accolades[edit | edit source]
- General Accolades - Lohlunat Festival
- Exploration Accolades - Lohlunat Festival
- Events Accolades - Lohlunat Festival
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Master Relaxer" accolade is required to purchase very rare Risian doffs.
Summer Giveaways[edit | edit source]
To celebrate the end of the summer event, Cryptic started C-store item giveaways that people could log on and get something special that was marked 100% off for that day. These would be available for one day only.
- 2013 Summer giveaway
2014 Summer giveaway-While not directly part of the Summer event, this was counted as being part of Summer.
- August 29: Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Costume pack
- August 30: Galaxy Bridge & Raptor Bridge
- August 31: All Good Things Costume pack
- September 1: Tier 5 Ambassador Class & Varanus Support Vessel
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #25 about the Lohlunat Festival
- Lohlunat at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
|Adventure- and Battlezones in Star Trek Online|
||Q's Winter Wonderland (Winter Event)||"Event" faction||Season Five: Call to Arms|
||Lohlunat Festival (Summer Event)||"Event" faction||Legacy of Romulus|
||Nimbus III||No specific faction||Legacy of Romulus|
||Borg Invasion of Defera||Task Force Omega||Season Five: Call to Arms|
||Tholian Incursion||Nukara Strikeforce||Season Six: Under Siege|
||New Romulus||New Romulus||Season Seven: New Romulus|
||Solanae Dyson Sphere (incl. Voth Battlezone)||Dyson Joint Command||Season Eight: The Sphere|
||Undine Battlezone||8472 Counter-Command||Season Nine: A New Accord|
||Kobali Prime||Delta Alliance||Delta Rising|
||Badlands Battlezone||Terran Task Force||Season Eleven: New Dawn|