Legacy of Romulus
Note: the new content shown below is direct information from Star Trek Online's website.
 New character
- Instead of having to play a Federation character to unlock all other factions as playable, every faction will be playable from the beginning of the game.
- All factions will now start with a level 1 character, which is a change over the KDF's current level 20 character beginning.
 Playable Romulan Faction
- A new playable faction, the Romulan Republic, became available to players with this expansion.
- The player can choose between Romulan and Reman playable species for this faction.
- Remans will be available as either a C-store unlock, or an account-wide reward for achieving Tier 5 in the Romulan Reputation System.
- Around level 10, in the mission “Turning Point”, players will have to ally with either the Federation or the Klingon Empire.
- This choice is permanent, and will allow access to some of the ally's equipment and starships.
- Empress Sela and Colonel Hakeev return in the story, including voice-overs by Denise Crosby.
In addition to their ally's Tier 1-4 ships, Romulan players will be able to fly iconic Romulan warbird class starships. These ships use Singularity Core engines, and cannot equip standard Warp Core engines.
|Legacy of Romulus - New Starships|
||T'liss Light Warbird||Standard||8,000 or FREE*|
|T'varo Light Warbird||Refit||500|
||Dhelan Warbird||Standard||15,000 or FREE*|
||Mogai Heavy Warbird||Standard||40,000 or FREE*|
|Valdore Heavy Warbird||Refit||1,000|
||D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser||Standard||80,000 or FREE*|
|D'ridthau Warbird Battle Cruiser||Refit||1,500|
||Ha'apax Advanced Warbird||Standard||120,000 or FREE*|
|Ha'nom Guardian Warbird||Standard||120,000 or FREE*|
|Ha'feh Assault Warbird||Standard||120,000 or FREE*|
||T'varo Light Warbird Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
|Dhelan Warbird Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
|Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
|D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser Retrofit||Retrofit||2,000|
| Small Craft
||Tiercel Shuttle||Shuttle||20,550 or FREE**|
*with Free Ship Token awarded up to Subadmiral
**obtainable through “Small Packages”
- The new Nukara Strikeforce Reputation System will be made public, complete with its own rewards.
- A new hostile faction will come in the Beta Quadrant. It is not confirmed if this will be a hostile faction for all playable factions, or only for the Romulan Republic.
- Players will be able to customize and rearrange existing traits.
- Players will be able to unlock additional traits for themselves and their crew.
- The UI will be modified by allowing players to choose from colors for their HUD.
- Introduced new enemy faction: the Elachi.
- Introduced Tal Shiar Lock Box.
- The interior of Drozana Station underwent a major overhaul.
|Seasons in Star Trek Online|
|Star Trek Online||Game launch|| |
02 Feb 2010
|Season 1: Common Ground||PvP and customization|| |
24 Mar 2010
|Season 2: Ancient Enemies||Level cap increase, Tier 5 and content (Undine Advance)|| |
27 Jul 2010
|Season 3: Genesis||The Foundry (Beta)|| |
09 Dec 2010
|Season 4: Crossfire||Ground combat revamp, UI update and Klingon missions|| |
07 Jul 2011
|Season 5: Call to Arms||Defera Adventure Zone, Duty Officer system, skill revamp and STF overhaul|| |
01 Dec 2011
|Season 6: Under Siege||Fleet Advancement System (including fleet ships and missions), Nukara Adventure Zone|| |
12 Jul 2012
|Season 7: New Romulus||New Romulus Adventure Zone, Reputation System and Tau Dewa Sector Block|| |
13 Nov 2012
Legacy of Romulus
|Playable Romulan faction (with its own ships, missions and hubs), Klingon missions for levels 1-20, Nimbus Adventure Zone, UI revamp, New equipment slot: Warp Core|| |
21 May 2013
|Season 8: The Sphere||New enemy (the Voth) and Reputation faction, Dyson Sphere Space Adventure Zone & Ground Battlezone|| |
12 Nov 2013
|Season 8.5||4th Anniversary with new Feature Mission, Klingon War revamp, starship switching mechanics|| |
30 Jan 2014
|Season 9: A New Accord||New Feature Mission advancing timeline to 2410, Space Battlezone, Borg Advance revamp, revamp of Reputation System, Traits & Kits|| |
22 Apr 2014
|Season 9.5||Crafting revamp|| |
late Jul 2014