Injuries in Star Trek Online are a "punishment" given to the player when his or her character is incapacitated. Upon "death", there is a chance of receiving one injury. If any injury occurs, the severity of it is determined by chance, modified by the existence of any existing injuries on that character. The chance of receiving a Major or Critical Injury are increased if the player has already sustained injuries.
- In ground combat, it is the player's character and bridge officers that suffer injuries.
- In space combat, it is the player's ship that suffers injuries.
 List of injuries
The negative effect of minor injuries is small and only several minor injuries would cause a player to notice a difference in performance
Major injuries feel significant, but the character can continue to function at little performance difference. More than one major injury that modified the same stat would start to affect performance.
Critical injuries affect character performance. A character can continue and succeed with more than one critical injury, but each critical injury received is ‘costly’ to treat and will put the character a bit under the potency curve.
Injuries are removed by visiting contacts in the major social hubs or by using a Regenerator for personal or Components for ship injuries. There are three versions of these two items each, corresponding to the severity of the injury they remove; minor, major and critical.
 Personal injuries
- Chief Medical Officer at Earth Spacedock
- Chief Medical Officer at Deep Space 9
- K-7 Medical Officer at Deep Space K-7
- Medical Officer at Ganalda Space Station
- Chief Medical Officer at Barracks, First City