Creates a level X Horta for 60 sec
A silicon-based race first found on Janus VI, Hortas are difficult to detect with tricorders due to their unusual life signs and their hardened skin is resistant to phaser fire. They tunnel through solid stone by secreting a corrosive acid that can also be used as a weapon. Usually found in caves and underground caverns, Hortas feed on the rocks and minerals found in their natural habitat. Horta are sentient and have life cycles that extend for thousands of years. Most Hortas are orange.
Summons your Horta ally. The Horta has the ability to fight and will be able to use a basic attack that will apply acidic damage over time to its target.
- Targets Friend and Self
- 30.48 meter Range
- 0.25 sec activate
- 5 min recharge
- Creates a level X Horta for 60 sec
This item can be crafted by having 180 General Research Skill and using:
- 40 Mineral Sample
- 20 Alien Artifact
- 20 Radiation Sample
- 1 [Horta Hatchling]
- 1 [Schematic: Horta Mineralogy Research (Standard)].
The Horta Hatchling and schematic are both available from “Mine Enemy”.
There are currently four additional Horta variants in the game.
- Horta Hatchling - a non-combat pet. (Orange)
- Polytrinic Acid Horta - a combat pet available through the Cryptic Store (Green)
- Eisilum Crystal Horta - a combat pet available through the Cryptic Store (Blue)
- Dilithium Horta - a non-combat pet. (purple) This was first seen in the 2 Year Anniversary Event.
|Creatures in Star Trek Online|
|Animals||Aehallh Worm • Armored hatham • Desert Acari • Dewan arthropod • Driclae • Epohh • Glikar'ma Ice Spider • Jackal Mastiff • Mook • Mugato • Nanov • Orithian Creeper • Orithian Saber Cat • Regalian Fleaspider • Rihan sailback • Saur • Sehlat • Snow Possum • Talarian Hook Spider • Targ • Vihranen • Vivver cat • Warrigul|
|Cosmozoans||Crystalline Entity • Gekli • Idran Swarmer|
|See also||Cosmozoan • Pet • Wildlife|