Creates a level X Horta for 60 sec
A silicon-based race first found on Janus VI, Hortas are difficult to detect with tricorders due to their unusual life signs and their hardened skin is resistant to phaser fire. They tunnel through solid stone by secreting a corrosive acid that can also be used as a weapon. Usually found in caves and underground caverns, Hortas feed on the rocks and minerals found in their natural habitat. Horta are sentient and have life cycles that extend for thousands of years. Most Hortas are orange.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Summons your Horta ally. The Horta has the ability to fight and will be able to use a basic attack that will apply acidic damage over time to its target.
- Targets Friend and Self
- 30.48 meter Range
- 0.25 sec activate
- 5 min recharge
- Creates a level X Horta for 60 sec
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This pet can be crafted by a duty officer mission given when the [Horta Mineralogy Research]is opened and using the following items:
- Horta were announced as a Player race as an April Fools' prank on April 1, 2016.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Variants[edit | edit source]
There are currently four additional Horta variants in the game.
- Horta Hatchling - a non-combat pet. (Orange)
- Polytrinic Acid Horta - a combat pet available through the Cryptic Store (Green)
- Eisilum Crystal Horta - a combat pet available through the Cryptic Store (Blue)
- Dilithium Horta - a non-combat pet. (purple) This was first seen in the 2 Year Anniversary Event.
[edit | edit source]
|Creatures in Star Trek Online|
|Animals||Aehallh Worm • Armored hatham • Desert Acari • Dewan arthropod • Driclae • Epohh • Glikar'ma Ice Spider • Jackal Mastiff • Mook • Mugato • Nanov • Orithian Creeper • Orithian Saber Cat • Regalian Fleaspider • Rihan sailback • Risian Tropical Bird • Saur • Sehlat • Snow Possum • Talarian Hook Spider • Targ • Vihranen • Vivver cat • Warrigul|
|Cosmozoans||Crystalline Entity • Gekli • Idran Swarmer|
|See also||Cosmozoan • Pet • Wildlife|