Foundry:Outpost Gaia (ST-HNMCGZL2C)
In 'Outpost Gaia' the player makes first contact with an alien species and helps them out of their troubles.
When an unknown fleet is detected entering the very remote Blitz 2230 system, where only a few years earlier Starfleet installed it's most-north-of-the-galactic-plane and circumstantially heavily understaffed Outpost Gaia, the player is asked by Commander Riley of the outpost to take charge of the situation.
It soon turns out that the fleet is manned by a generations-long, space bound, benign alien species (known as the "Capri") who have been on the run from a genocidal race of robots (the "SCAR") that has followed them all the way out of their star cluster of origin.
The player helps the friendly aliens set up a colony on the planet Blitz 2230 B -- and gets rid of the robotic threat once and for all.
Recently installed Space Station Gaia, in orbit around the mineral-rich Class-L blizzard planet Blitz 2230 B, has detected a large incoming fleet of primitive ships from unknown origin, headed straight for the Blitz 2230 system.
Understaffed and certainly underequipped for any possible confrontations, the Gaia station asks you to take charge of the situation.
Get the location of Blitz B from the Wall Console directly opposite the exit of the Transporter Room of Earth Spacedock.
- Enter Blitz 2230 B
- Speak to Commander Riley
- Head to the Unknown Fleet
- Scan the Unknown ships
- Make contact
- Destroy Hostile Intruders
- Destroy Intruders attacking the Space Station
- Approach the Main Vessel
- Enter the Main Vessel
- Complete tasks onboard the Main Vessel
- Secure Blitz B for colonization
- Destroy intruders on the Blitz B surface
- Activate Beacon at center of landing site
- Check up on colonists
- Destroy more intruders attacking the colony
- Meet with Commander Riley onboard Gaia
- Enter Blitz 2230 Outer Region
- Destroy hostile fleet
- Board Mother Ship
- Sweep up hostile troops
- Download historical records from the main computer
- Set Mother Ship to self destruct
- Return to Space Station Gaia for wrap-up
Space Station Gaia
- Commander Riley
- Unnamed Human Captain, Engineering
- Unnamed Bajoran Lieutenant, Tactical
- Unnamed Ferengi Lieutenant Junior Grade, Engineering
- Unnamed Betazoid Lieutenant Junior Grade, Science
- Unnamed Human Ensign, Tactical
Capri Main Vessel
- Father Amda of the Capri
- Capri Engineer
- Capri Medic
- Capri Tactical Officer
- SCAR Intruder (all are named SCAR Intruder, regardless of difficulty)
- SCAR Terrorist (all are named SCAR Terrorist, regardless of difficulty)
- Raging SCAR (difficulty 4)
- Various SCAR of various difficulties
- Commander Riley's shuttle
- Unknown Vessels
- Capri Colonist Vessel
Blitz 2230 Outer Region
- Hostile Intruder (all are named Hostile Intruder, regardless of difficulty)
Blitz 2230 Outer Region
- SCAR Warrior (all are named SCAR Warrior regardless of difficulty)
- SCAR Mother Ship
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
This mission lends heavily from (the original) Battlestar Galactica story. It does not take itself very seriously, but does provide a challenge particularly during ground combat. The optional dialogues with various NPCs provide a little backstory and humor.
Commander Riley is actually a Vice Admiral. His formal designation would be "Vice Admiral Riley, Commander in Charge of Space Station Gaia".