Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit
The Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit is an Admiral (Tier 5) level Federation Cruiser. Players can obtain the vessel through the Shipyard for 20,000 and 4 , as long as the player's Fleet has a Tier IV shipyard. This Retrofit vessel is a heavily modified version of the (Tier 4) Exploration Cruiser. Starfleet upgraded this vessel with the latest standard equipment used in the early 25th century.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Galaxy class[edit | edit source]
Starfleet's top-of-the-line vessel in the mid-24th century. The Galaxy class was made popular by the multiple-award winning series, Star Trek: The Next Generation where the most notable ship of its type was the U.S.S. Enterprise-D. This is the shortest Exploration Cruiser variant, but the most iconic.
Celestial class[edit | edit source]
The design of the Celestial-class has components reminiscent of the Ambassador-class line of Starfleet cruisers. (One such starship was the Enterprise-C, commanded by Rachel Garrett.) Distinguishing differences between the Celestial- and Ambassador-class designs are the straight pylons, conical warp nacelles and engineering hull, and the thicker saucer.
To recreate the look of the Ambassador-class ships, most players prefer using this costume, along with the Galaxy-class pylons. However as of Season 7 the Support Cruiser renders this method semi-moot
Envoy class[edit | edit source]
Venture class[edit | edit source]Exploration Cruiser Refit from the C-Store for 1,500.
Monarch class[edit | edit source]
Admiralty Ship[edit | edit source]
|2.5x Critical Rating from ENG|
Starship Mastery[edit | edit source]
|I||Absorptive Hull Plating|| +25 Physical Damage Resistance Rating.|
+25 Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating.
|II||Rapid Repairs||Regenerates 1.25% of your maximum hull every 3 seconds in Space. Twice the amount is regenerated out of combat.|
|III||Enhanced Hull Plating|| +25 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating.|
+25 Radiation Damage Resistance Rating.
|IV||Armored Hull||+10% Hull Hitpoints.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Cruiser Commands[edit | edit source]
As a cruiser, this ship supports the following cruiser commands
- Ability: Strategic Maneuvering
- Ability: Shield Frequency Modulation
- Ability: Weapon System Efficiency
- Ability: Attract Fire
Standard Configuration[edit | edit source]
Federation starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
Comparison with equivalent ships[edit | edit source]
|Risian Luxury Cruiser||Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit||Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit|
|Consoles||3 5 2||2 5 3||4 4 2|
|Bonus Power|| +10 Shields
|+5 All Subsystems||+5 All Subsystems|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Exploration Cruiser Retrofit, Galaxy-class, at Wolf 359
Note[edit | edit source]
- As of 30 October, 2013, among all starships playable by Federation characters in Star Trek Online, the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit's hull value is only bested by the Jem’Hadar Dreadnought Carrier and the Advanced Obelisk Carrier obtainable through the Lobi Crystal store, as well as the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser (though it was only available through special promotion) and also it has equal hull value as the Voth Bastion Flight-Deck Cruiser .
- The Galaxy-class Exploration Cruiser was remodeled in April 2015 to more closely match her canon appearance in Star Trek: The Next Generation.