A fleet in Star Trek Online is a group of up to 500 players that have banded together. Fleets have a standard command structure and management tools commonly found in other MMORPGs for guilds, e.g., a rank system, a fleet bank, a fleet specific chat channel, a calendar, and - most importantly - a Fleet Advancement System with different fleet holdings. Up to 13 fleets of the same faction can also band together to form an Armada to share resources and earn passive bonuses.
Fleet Advancement System[edit | edit source]
With Season Six: Under Siege, a dedicated advancement system for fleets was introduced. It allows the fleet to build and develop various fleet holdings:
|List of Fleet holdings|
|Image||Name (Added)||Departments||Tiers||Purchasable item category||Location|
| Fleet Starbase
(July 12, 2012)
|5|| Ship Weapons, Ship Shields
Deflectors, Impulse Engines
Ground Weapons, Personal Shields, Elite Carrier Pets
| Aldebaran Sector |
| Fleet Embassy
(November 13, 2012)
|3|| Threat-Scaling Science Consoles
| Fleet Dilithium Mine
(June 20, 2013)
|3|| Fleet Warp Cores/Fleet Singularity Cores
Advanced Engineering Armor Consoles/Advanced Engineering RCS Consoles
| Fleet Spire
(November 12, 2013)
|3|| Plasma-Integrated Warp Cores/Thoron-Infused Singularity Cores Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Consoles, Spire Carrier Pets
Spire Experimental and Prototype Kits
|Solanae Dyson Sphere|
| Fleet Research Lab
(July 16, 2015)
Increasing the tier of holdings is achieved by completing projects within their respective departments. As all fleet members can contribute, these projects require large amounts of various resources, first and foremost fleet marks and refined dilithium .
Furthermore, as a fleet develops its holdings, it gains "Fleet XP", thereby increasing its "Fleet level". This is advanced one level for each tier a fleet holding or one of its departments are upgraded. For reference, having reached the maximum tier of the starbase, the embassy, the dilithium mine, the spire, and the research lab (including all their respective departments), a fleet will have achieved level 56.
Fleet Armadas[edit | edit source]
Fleets of the same faction (i.e., Klingon or Federation) can also band together to form a Fleet Armada. Armadas are composed of up to 13 fleets arranged in an hierarchical system. The top level fleet will be called the "Alpha Fleet", which can invite up to 3 "Beta Fleets", which, in turn, can each invite up to 3 "Gamma Fleets".
Fleets in an Armada will receive bonus rewards which include Dilithium Discounts and Skill Point bonuses. These rewards are determined by the Fleet's rank in the Armada (Alpha, Beta, or Gamma) and the combined Fleet Levels of all fleets within the Armada. The Armada level is the sum of each fleet's Fleet Level. The maximum available bonus is obtained at Armada Level 700 (though Armadas can go up to 728 if they have the maximum number of fleets with all holdings at maximum level).
Fleet information can be downloaded by typing "/ExportGuildMemberList filename.csv" (where you can put in any filename yuo wish) which is then saved to the game's Live folder. The spreadsheet contains data on the following: Character Name, Account Handle, Level, Class, Guild Rank, Contribution Total, Join Date, Rank Change Date, Last Active Date, Status, Public Comment, Public Comment Last Edit Date, Officer Comment, Officer Comment Author, Officer Comment Last Edit Date.
Other fleet-specific functions[edit | edit source]
Fleet Bank[edit | edit source]
- See also: Banks in Star Trek Online
The fleet bank is a universal storage facility for inventory items and credits that is accessible by all members of your fleet who have the proper permissions. Fleet banks are universal; items and Energy Credits placed into any fleet bank will appear in all fleet banks throughout the galaxy and are available for retrieval no matter which fleet bank is visited.
Fleet banks are a part of the normal bank terminal and can have up to 8 tabs of storage space. The first tab is available to the fleet automatically; additional tabs must be purchased for a cost of 1,233,000 each.
Fleet emblem and uniform[edit | edit source]
In Star Trek Online, fleets can also create their own specific emblems and uniforms. These can be previewed and edited (if a member has sufficient permission) in the "Uniform" section of the main fleet window. Members can then visit a tailor and activate their "Fleet uniform" slot. The uniform may then be chosen as a pre-made costume option, whereas the emblem can be displayed as a shoulder patch on a member's character and as a painting on his or her ship.
Fleet requirements[edit | edit source]
Basic Requirements[edit | edit source]
There are a few simple requirements to be met to create a fleet (pre-Season 6 update):
- You must have 5 players to form a fleet.
- The 5 players must be joined together in a team.
- All the team members must either be Gold members or Silver members that have fulfilled certain requirements (see below).
- Visit the Fleet Ambassador (for Federation fleets, the Fleet Ambassador can be found at Earth Spacedock down the steps to the right of Admiral Quinns office on the Operations Side ( go around the wall where the waterfall is as you come out of the transporter), and for Klingon fleets the Fleet Ambassador can be found in First City on Qo'Nos just to the left as you enter the Barracks) to create your fleet.
Requirement Exceptions[edit | edit source]
A number of people have posted on the forums about the exact make-up of the team members required to create a fleet. Here are some of the things that they have found:
- The fleet founder and forming members don't have to be Gold members. A Silver member that meets any of the following requirements can also be a fleet founder or forming member: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a ZEN balance, account has made a C-Store purchase. 
Fleet Size Limitations[edit | edit source]
While a team of five is required to form a fleet, once formed it can go down to a single member. The maximum limit is 500 members, after which invitations would give the error "[Fleet] Error inviting to fleet: <Fleet Name> has reached full capacity. You must remove members to add new ones."
Other Notes[edit | edit source]
Some other tidbits about fleet creation:
- You can get around the 20 hour trial period on an account by getting enough dilithium to trade in for at least 1 - that will give you a ZEN balance without having to purchase ZEN. 
- Once a Silver member gets any ZEN (by any means), they need to log off and log back in in order to qualify for creating a fleet.
- Once the fleet is created, you can drop below the 5 member requirement.
- All players in the Team must be present on the same map instance as the Team Leader.
References[edit | edit source]
- Star Trek Online Forums - Fleet Creation - Post#11
- Star Trek Online Forums - newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites?
- F2P Features Matrix - Star Trek Online Official Site
- Star Trek Online Forums - newly created accounts can't receive fleet invites? - Post#21
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Fleet actions, a form of group-instances which, despite their name, do not require the participants to be in a fleet.