First City is the capital of the Klingon homeworld of Qo'noS and first Klingon hub that players of the Klingon Empire will use. With Season Four: Crossfire, the First City replaced the old The Great Hall of Qo'noS-map as major hub for Klingon players.
The city is divided into several sections. Each section holds various NPCs who serve different purposes such as mission givers and requisition vendors. There are mail stations spread out in each quadrant of the city.
The Great Hall includes the Klingon High Council, the ruling body of the Klingon Empire. It is located on the northeast portion of First City.
- Chancellor J'mpok
- Councilmen Kriton, K'lek, Terrath, Woldan, Cha'lak and S'kopa, House of K'lek Political Aide, House of J'mpok Political Aide
- Vishka, Klingon Intelligence operative
- Deferi Ambassador
- Romulan Ambassador
- S'taass (who used to give the mission “Glad Handing the Great Hall”)
- Security Officer, Duty Officer Assignment Giver
- House of Kriston Political Aide, House of Skopa Political Aide, Yan-Isleth, House of Terrath Political Aide, House of Woldan Political Aide, House of Cha'lak Political Aide
At the northeast part of the barracks, you can enter the Warriors Hall.
- Lieutenant B'Emara (who used to give the missions “Leading the Way” and “To Protect and Serve” to explore First City)
- Fleet Ambassador who can help players set up their own Fleet
- Commander Ragen, a Skill Trainer who can help you with respecs
- Bridge Officer Trainer, who can help players teach their Bridge Officers new abilities
- Commander V'Qlar who is the go-to person for requisitioning Bridge Officers
- Marauder Kazzgur, who can reassign renegade officers
- Chief Medical Officer can treat personal injuries
- Sick Patient
This area contains a sparring ring similar to the Warriors Hall as well as a marketplace.
- Battle Master ensures fair arena fights
- Lieutenant Commander Kultan who serves as a mission giver for players
- Lieutenant B'Eta who gives missions to players through their careers
- Assignment Officer explains changing the difficulty settings
- Lieutenant Commander Mara who provides players with missions
- Commander Hugor, who provides information on tech upgrades
- Commander K'tarl, formerly a Dilithium equipment vendor
- Dilithium Exchange has high-end ground and space items for dilithium
- Mayerteac, formerly a Dilithium equipment vendor
- Lieutenant B'Eora who sells personal equipment for energy credits
- Taluk is an Orion tailor who can assist players in customizing clothing
- Commodity Vendor Gren sells commodities
This room on the northwest contains a blood wine fountain and a balcony with singing Klingon captains.
- Mek the Disagreeable, who gives the mission “Surly Secrets”
- Bar Patron
- Targak, a Nausicaan ship captain who gives the mission "Tour the Galaxy"
- Mina, Nava, Dara are Orion women
This area is in the northwest of First City.
The Forge, in the southwest, contains a targ breeding pit and Bat'leth forges. Towards the west are the slums.
- Apprentice Weaponsmith
- Nakar, a Lethean weaponsmith (who used to give you the mission “Working the Crowd” to meet First City's merchants)
- First City Gate Guard
Explore the troubled and dangerous alleyways of First City.
- Garrad, an Orion who runs an establishment where he promises to have your every pleasure fulfilled (and who used to give the mission “Off the Beaten Path”).
- Pleasure Seeker
- Slum Dweller
- Mojod, a Lethean
- Rema, a female Orion
- Companion, Rema's Orion dancing girl
This area in the southeast has banks and an exchange. It is also home to the courthouse and the prison complex.
- Courthouse Guard
- Nexa, a Ferengi (who used to give the mission “Buying Friends” to explore Financial District)
- Pharm, a Ferengi
- Exchange Trader
- Prison complex (only accessible in “First City”, “The Hunt is On”, and “Space Chase”)
This Shipyard can be accessed from orbit over Qo'noS or from the transporter pad in First City.
At the Shipyard section of the First City players can find various NPCs that can: requisition new consoles, weapons, components and equipment, acquire new starships and customize their existing starships. There is also a console that will allow players to view information on the types and configurations of Klingon vessels.
- Transporter Operator
- Captain Klaarg is the Ship Selection officer who helps players select their current starship
- Bekk D'Vidd who can help players customize their starships
- Chief Engineer handles ship repairs
- Bekk Strenn servers as Ship and Shuttle Requisitions
- Shuttle Information
- An unnamed Starship Exploration Equipment vendor originally sold ship equipment for dilithium
- Lieutenant Gurkan helps players requisition ship equipment for energy credits
- Gramash (who used to give the mission “Friends in High Places”)
- Ship Captain
- Shipyard Repair Crew
- “Promotion” (KDF): Klingon Defense Force players meet with Chancellor J'mpok to be recognized for their service to the Empire.
- “Bringing Down the House”: Players take part in the discommendation of the House of Torg for their actions against the House of Martok and the Empire.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, J'mpok calls representatives from the Federation and the Romulan Republic to the Great Hall to discuss relations between the three powers after the other two factions helped save Qo'noS from destruction by the Undine. Although an Iconian appears and kills most of the High Council members, a new Klingon-Federation cease-fire is subsequently agreed on.