General information
Although Earth Spacedock's main frame has originally been constructed sometime prior to 2285, it has since been outfitted with state-of-the-art technology. As of 2410, the commanding officer of the station is chief of Starfleet Operations Fleet Admiral Jorel Quinn. Earth Spacedock is one of Starfleet's largest orbital installations. Its beam and draft are 3,812 m and 5,544 m, respectively, with a total dry mass of 10,552,000 t. It offers a volume of 21,924,000 m³ and has a complement of 312,000.
 Starships in the vicinity
- Inside spacedock
- Outside spacedock
- U.S.S. Cerberus
- U.S.S. Challenger
- U.S.S. Geronimo (in drydock)
- U.S.S. Hotspur
- U.S.S. Indefatigable
- I.G.V. Khyzon (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Lakota
- U.S.S. Leviathan
- U.S.S. Loma Prieta (in drydock)
- U.S.S. Los Gatos (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Odyssey (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Pasteur
- U.S.S. Rhode Island (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Sagan
- V.S.S. Soval (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Sovereign (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Tahde (patrolling)
Earth Spacedock has the following accessible areas:
- Deck 47 - Strut frames 147-152 (see subsections below)
- Deck 83 - Sections Red & Blue (only for Foundry doors)
 Transporter Room
This is the room you are first in when you beam down to Earth Spacedock. You can also beam down to Starfleet Academy from there.
 Main concourse & Shipyard
At the Shipyard, players can talk to select and customize their starship, and a turbolift to Starship Requistions allows new ships to be obtained.
- Main concourse
- Malcom Sissel, an officer who can help you with undocking from the spacedock
- Chief Engineer can repair ship injuries
- Dirz Raxx, from whom can customize your starship
- Ensign Obin, from whom you can select which of your starships to use at the moment
- Shalah, from whom you may requisition starship components for energy credits
- Lieutenant Commander Ophlim, from whom you can requisition starship components for dilithium
- Lieutenant Laurel, who can provide information regarding the requisitioning of starships
- Ensign Byarnez, who can provide information regarding the requisitioning of shuttles
- Chief Medical Officer heals personal injuries
- Nurse Rassa
 Requisitions & Exchange
This is where players may purchase personal kits and equipment, as well as alter their appearance and costume, for a price. Players will also find the bank, their fleet bank, and the Exchange, where players purchase and sell items with other players.
- Ghemik Telur, a plain, simple tailor who will alter your clothing and your appearance
- Ensign Lessa, from whom you can requisition personal equipment and weapons for energy credits
- Lieutenant Commander Arut, from whom you can requisition personal equipment and weapons for dilithium
- The Commodities Brokers Hosa and Fhoss
- Ferengi Collector, who buys Prototype Consoles
- Grym, a Ferengi who gives players the Lobi Crystal tutorial mission “Unlocking the Box”.
- Civilian Contractor
- Market Speculator
- Independent Transport Captain
 Operations & Admiral's Office
In Operations, which is the location of the Admiral's Office, players can talk to Admiral Quinn and get information on what to do once they're commanding their first vessel.
- Ensign Rraak (Caitian, former cadet and transporter chief on the player's Tutorial Starship)
- Commander Burgess oversees military operations along the Klingon front
- Akira Sulu is Admiral Quinn's second-in-command, replacing Commander Samuel Winters
- The Fleet Ambassador, who can help you start or manage your fleet
- The Assignment Officer who answers questions about mission difficulties
- Security Officer, Duty Officer Assignment Giver
- Lt. Commander Elsa Mora, the go-to person for requisitioning bridge officers
- The Bridge Officer Trainer, the person you go to for training your bridge officers
- Commander Balt, who provides you information about ranks, levels, and skill points
- Lieutenant Commander Okret, a Skill Trainer who can help you with respecs
- Lieutenant Mieri
- Admiral's Office
- Admiral Quinn is the commanding officer of Earth Spacedock and new players will speak with him frequently to begin and complete new missions
- Linnea, the Admiral's administrative assistant, standing next to him
- Ambassador Jiro Sugihara, helps you in your diplomacy career
- A Deferi Ambassador requesting assistance to retaliate against the Borg's assimilation of Defera
- A Romulan Ambassador requesting assistance colonizing New Romulus
- Ensign Gol
- DJ Zuza
- Ensigns Olesre, Paxad, and Tessmer
- Lieutenants Jotun, Yaris, Yeniz, and Lieutenant Commander Orjas
- Niwan, bar tender
- Pag, a Ferengi male with merchandise from questionable sources
- Commander Shoko Futagami
The Mezzanine is an elevated walkway accessible via the turbolifts. It allows an overview over the entire main concourse and shipyard. It offers seating areas, including a 3D-chess table, and is designed as a hang-out and relaxation area.
 Missions involved
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, Earth Spacedock is heavily damaged by the Undine during an ambush. Although the attack was merely concerted as a distraction from the Undine's main target, Qo'noS, Admiral Quinn was severely injured and Lieutenant Commander E'genn was exposed as an Undine infiltrator.
 Foundry doors
In addition to deck 83, Earth Spacedock's deck 47-main area is outfitted with several doors and objects which can be interacted with as part of user-generated content. All of these "Foundry doors" where ported over from the original, pre-Season 9, map.
This map replaced the old Earth Spacedock map with the release of Season 9. In the mission “Surface Tension”, which was released along with the redesign, the player fights Undine boarding parties in the destroyed old interior map of the Spacedock, thereby giving somewhat of an in-universe explanation for the map-revamp.
 External Links
- Spacedock (Earth) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Earth Spacedock at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Season 9 Dev Blog #13 - Redesign of ESD